No announcement yet.

Greatest Heavyweights Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I like Povetkin currently & Golota & Neven Pajkic were 2 of my favourites. Never had an issue with Liahkovich. Always liked Oleg Maskaev. Think Wlad is a surefire HOFer but just don’t think Vitali did enough to earn a spot in the HOF. Hall of fame talent there is no question about it but the resume is not HOF worthy. You can’t say I don’t like Eastern Euro fighters just because I think Vitali is not worthy of the hall from what he actually did in the ring... actually I always thought Adamek was a tough SOB but he was on the decline when he moved to HW. Adamek beat Arreola at HW but other than that he got a few gifts before getting starched by Eric Molina. He was easy prey for Vitali...
    - -Lennox and Byrd were easy prey, but Vit's trainer was AMA, not pro, so Vit suffered in the corner learning curve.

Comment

What era do you consider better? Obviously the Ali era but are going to tell me the 80s or the 2000s?
      all stronger than the 90's
      even joe louis era of bums is better.

watching back then Golota & Botha .
      both garbage. i dont rememebr anyone rating them highly

Chisora. A tough SOB
      chisora is a coward and a quitter LMAO

Golota made a lot of money & everyone wanted to fight him because he could pack MSG in New York with Poles.
      doesnt make him a good fighter

Comment

He never ducked anyone & he probably would have beat most if not all of them but from his first meaningful fight in 1999 to 2012 here are some of the guys he never fought who were all active... Holyfield, Golota, Tua, McCline, Maskaev, Toney, Rahman, Grant, McCall, Oquendo, John Ruiz, Botha, Tyson, Mercer, Brewster, Ibragimov, Liahkovich, Austin, Williamson, Tony Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers, Haye, Stiverne, Povetkin, Valuev... those are the names who were active at different periods from 99-2012. Again he may have beaten all of them but we will never know because he didn’t fight them. I threw Williamson in there because he had fought Wlad & dropped him but fight was stopped because of a cut on Wlad’s face. He beat a few decent HWs too. There was just too many notable names that were there at different stages of his career.
        That is true. Vitali fought poor competition.

Comment

Originally posted by queensburyrules View Post
          - -lennox and byrd were easy prey, but vit's trainer was ama, not pro, so vit suffered in the corner learning curve.
          tko6.......

Comment

Working...
          X