Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez-Lomachenko Fight Peaked At 2,898,000 Viewers; Averaged 2,729,000 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
    People who watch boxing don't give a crap about Alabama and Georgia. Different demographics, the people who watch Alabama and Georgia are Trump supporters who also watch UFC and out there wearing their Ed Hardy jeans and outfits. Also that game was on regular ABC, out this fight on ABC it does double the ratings it got.
    Am I Republican that watches football and boxing. Def don’t ware Ed Hardy either. Typical liberal tard.

Comment

Lopez will be the cash cow at 147 and below.

Comment

Good stuff from ESPN/TOP Rank and awesome fight. Hopefully PBC follows suite and can chillout with the PPV's.

Comment

Outstanding!!! That match was up against that hipster ufc mess and MLB. Well done ESPN and Top Rank. Great night for AMERICAN BOXING

Comment

Does this mean there will be no “American takeover”???

Comment

If Loma vs Lopez truly was a fake fight, and it truly happened the way it did because Boxing thought Loma wasn't a $ generator, then that's kind of hilarious that it turned out, no, he really is one of fans favorite in the sport, not just globally but in the US too, his fans were just waiting for the sport to actually give him good opponents.

And now Boxing ruined one of its golden gooses right at the moment he was about to cross over and start laying golden eggs. Some commenter here says Lopez is the cash cow - LOL. Lopez has like 30% of Lomachenko's followers on twitter, and about 15% of Lomachenko's followers on instagram, just to use two metrics available to the public.

Lomachenko and Tank are by far the two biggest names in the sport 140 and below. That's just looking at how well KNOWN they are. But as for how much people actually CARE about their careers, Loma is #1. People actually like what he represents (challenging himself, etc) and are invested in him, same like with GGG. Canelo had more fans than GGG, but GGG's fans cared more, and it was GGG's side that actually stood for something, on some level, worth caring about in the sport, I mean, if anything in this sport is worth caring about.

Which it really isn't, is hindsight. But putting that aside, you get my point. That's why when GGG either lost or possibly, IMO, fixed the fight, it pulled the rug out from under the whole sport and viewership for the whole sport has tanked ever since. Now that they did the same thing with Loma, I think the sport will really take a dive. This was the most watched fight in years, and I think it will be the last fight watched for years by many of those people specifically because of how BS the fight appeared, at least in my opinion, which is all this post is, my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                Leave it to a crazed TDS whack job boomer liberal to bring politics into a discussion that has nothing to do with politics. Go off and toob your Toobin for awhile junior.
                Sounds like a little Trump Bi***...

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Am I Republican that watches football and boxing. Def don’t ware Ed Hardy either. Typical liberal tard.
                  I could see by those comments....

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                    A star is born!
                    Lomachenko already did these numbers vs the unknown Rigo, and now he did these numbers vs the unknown Lopez. Fans care about Loma, not the other two. Put Loma in legacy fights, that actually mean something for Loma's career, and fans are very interested. But now that Loma's career just got ruined in a very IMO suspicious fight, I think he just should retire. He had a big following, a lot bigger than they realized I guess, but IMO they ruined it now.

Comment

Very good numbers! Boxing need it

Comment

Working...
                      X