Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez-Lomachenko Fight Peaked At 2,898,000 Viewers; Averaged 2,729,000 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Lomachenko already did these numbers vs the unknown Rigo, and now he did these numbers vs the unknown Lopez. Fans care about Loma, not the other two. Put Loma in legacy fights, that actually mean something for Loma's career, and fans are very interested. But now that Loma's career just got ruined in a very IMO suspicious fight, I think he just should retire. He had a big following, a lot bigger than they realized I guess, but IMO they ruined it now.
    What are you talking about? conspiracy theories? your boy lost the fight because he gave away the first 6 rounds and lost the 12th. Just deal with it and move on. Boxing won last Saturday whether you like it or not smh

Comment

Unpacked, great fights get great ratings. Keep them coming Top Rank.

Comment

Loma top 3 PfP lol. Loma loses most of the fights against top fighters(lopez, davis, haney, berchelt, valdez, prograis, ramirez, taylor). Since his loss to salido and MD to Russel jr arum has been cherry picking second rate guys or smaller guys. Lopez is the first top guy since Russell jr. which is still lomas best win 6 years ago.
        Last edited by CmdrSoCal; 10-21-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Well I think that right there is motivation enough for Lopez to be open to a rematch.

Comment

great for boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
              That wasnt the point of my post. And Derevcheckno was beaten easier that Korobov was IMO and im a fan of Derevchenko. But to each his own.
              I actually thought Charlo beat Korobov or it was a draw. Felt that Dervy won 7-5 or it was a draw, but to be fair to you, many seem to agree with you on Charlo-Derevy. I just thought it was a really close fight. It showed me what I thought and needed to know though...that Charlo is a factor vs anyone around 160.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Lomachenko did those numbers vs Rigo after the Hesiman Trophy presentation. These numbers were far more impressive. You are kidding yourself if you don't think Lopez played a part here. This fight was very well promoted all over ESPN for the past two few weeks. Lomachenko certainly has a name but now Lopez built his.
                Lopez has like 30% of Loma's twitter follower, and about 15% of his instagram followers. He has only been on US TV for two years, Loma has been on US TV for about 8 years, including the May-Pac undercard an event watched by over 4 million in the US and probably hundreds of millions worldwide.

I'm not saying Teofimo didn't play a part. He was a threatening opponent, just like Rigo was supposed to be. It was a superfight for diehard fans. The P4P King finally getting a worthy opponent. So yeah, Teofimo played a part, but not because he's a big name, just because he's a good prime opponent, with size on Lomachenko, to create a threat.

If it had been Loma vs Mikey Garcia, it would have been even bigger ratings. Loma vs Tank, even bigger ratings. Loma vs Josh Taylor, probably about the same ratings as Teofimo. Loma vs Crawford, which is the fight that really should have happened after Loma beat Teofimo, would have done massive ratings, again, more because of Loma than Crawford, but the split of who deserves more credit for the ratings would have been much closer, like 60-40 Loma, instead of like 75-25 as it IMO was with Lopez.

And remember, all of this is considering that Loma has never been given marketable opponents to fight. They've done almost everything possible, outside of the May-Pac undercard, to keep Loma from getting fans. In order to built a huge following in boxing, you need to take out a handful of popular Hispanic, and American, opponents.

If Loma had been allowed to beat Santa Cruz at 126, and Mikey and Tank at 130, he would be a superstar by now. Let alone if Floyd and Pacquiao both passed the torch to him at 140 or 147, the way that Oscar did to them. Lomachenko would be the #1 biggest name in worldwide combat sports, ahead of Canelo, if he was given those 5 opponents to pass the torch to him. Remember, Canelo was given Floyd, Cotto, GGG, Chavez Jr, 4 of the biggest names in the sport. Kovalev too.

Loma had to make his name fighting guys casual fans have never heard of. GRJ, Walters, Rigo, and Linares are good wins, great in comparison to the opponents the other "top" boxers in the sport fight, but overall, a highly disappointing career with zero marquee opponents and zero marquee wins. And yet, he still became the diehard boxing fans favorite boxer, and crossed over quite well to the casuals, with like 2 million instagram followers, and twice now, the biggest ratings on ESPN of any Top Rank fighter. Just imagine if he was actually given the opportunity that Hispanic and American boxers get to cross over. Andy Ruiz got more promotion in one night, against AJ, than Loma did his entire career. Imagine if the same situation was repeated, except Loma got to beat Floyd, instead of Ruiz beating AJ. Loma would become a superstar overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  But sports are dead lol.
                  Sports are still dead, just not the ratings! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                    Loma vs Josh Taylor, probably about the same ratings as Teofimo.
                    In the US? not a ****ing chance. Wouldnt have done half. Boxing is largely carried by hispanic fans in America these days, and to a lesser extent black fans. Nearly 3 million Americans are not tuning in to watch a quiet Ukranian guy fight a quiet Scottish guy.

Comment

Good news for our sport

What about the other sports? You guys know the average count?

Comment

Working...
                      X