Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lopez-Lomachenko Fight Peaked At 2,898,000 Viewers; Averaged 2,729,000 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an expert in the audience numbers,
    but these numbers do sound very good.

I know team Lopez categorically do not want a re-match.
    And team Loma have not said anything publicly.

The fight was contentious enough and interesting enough to make a re-match on commercial success alone.

And if they are to have 3rd match. Well, why not?

Comment

But sports are dead lol.

Comment

The reason why the fight had great numbers, is because it was a great fight.

The reason why this great fight got made, is because Loma asked for it.
        He didn't duck and sacrificed a great chunk of his purse to get done.

There is zero acknowledgement of this by media and commentators.

Comment

With these numbers, no way we don't get a Loma/Lopez II... These guys like the smell of them green bills ya know...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Lomachenko already did these numbers vs the unknown Rigo, and now he did these numbers vs the unknown Lopez. Fans care about Loma, not the other two. Put Loma in legacy fights, that actually mean something for Loma's career, and fans are very interested. But now that Loma's career just got ruined in a very IMO suspicious fight, I think he just should retire. He had a big following, a lot bigger than they realized I guess, but IMO they ruined it now.
            Agreed. Something wasn't right...

- Scorecards were really strange
            - Loma starting after Round 6
            - Lopez's corner allegedly refused to transmit corner communications

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
              Sounds like a little Trump Bi***...
              Awww the moisty millenial soy boy speaks. How quaint. In the Corps we’d have a good ol gas mask blanket party to deal with the mentally stunted such as yourself. But please keep talking Boomer.

Comment

well well and they say boxing interest/viewership is dying so it seems it is alive and shall continue to be for the foreseeable future be it big fights or smaller fights will always draw attention...

then again their probably more speaking off casual fans viewership either then the hardcore crowd who normally always tune in..

Comment

tank vs santa cruz will do more!

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                    Thats ****ing awesome, I was expecting 1.3-1.5m. See, if you actually bother to put out worthwhile fights people will watch.
                    Me too. What a relief! This was a great fight fought by Lopez and i was shocked. On to tank vs de la cruz!

Comment

Ppl got into this one mainly because of Lopez his skill and his personality because Lomas last fight against Cambell did horrible numbers according to Hearn.

Lopez had personality Loma is more like watching grass grow when he speaks.

Comment

Working...
                      X