Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder, Longtime Co-Trainer Mark Breland Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal opinion, I think he should hire either Manny Robles, John David Jackson or Joel Diaz. I'd really like him to get with Teddy Atlas tbh. Look what
    Teddy did for Povetkin. Povetkin did a 180 after that training.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
      I hope Fury knocks this classless clown clear out of the ring in the trilogy. Wilder has a whole lot of white hands in his pockets -- Deas, Finkel, Dibella, but he decides to can the one man who genuinely cares about his well being. Very sad when a black man can do another black man this dirty and place no blame for what happened to him on anyone else. I no longer respect this chump and won't feel a shred of pity if Fury puts him in the hospital this time.
      Yeah, should have just let Slaveroom overseer eddie hearn’s Lilly White ass own him....

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
        Wilder is a man of his word. Simple as that. Everyone on his team was forewarned: if you throw in the towel, you will be fired.

Breland knew that and did it anyway. Case closed and no hard feelings. Breland did what he felt he had to do, and Wilder did what he said he was going to do.

I predict Wilder is going to beat the hell out of Fury, then knock him out cold, in the rubber match. Wilder is coming for blood, the fight is going to be a level playing field and he ain't playing no games.
        You sound like a drug addict! Quite possibly a bigger ****** than Wilder!

Comment

DONKEY WILDER... bad move. Mark Breland's stoppage was as compassionate as Eddie Futch's stoppage for Joe Frazier against Ali in the 14th rd. You were maybe two or three chops, hooks, or uppercuts away from permanent disability, or possibly death. His stoppage was merciful and couldn't have come for you at a better time. And you still don't realize that, even with hindsight. I mean, as it is, you have a permanent dent in the side of your head. So how many more clean, flush shots did you want to be delivered upside your head? And honestly, how many of those do you really need in the future? Should you even still be trying to scrap? A dent man... idk about that one. To me, that sounds like you're done. I mean, Kell Brook throws down with 2 previously broken cheeks or eye sockets, but he has titanium. He's reinforced, so maybe its even stronger now than it was b4 he broke them. But you didn't get any titanium in your skull and the dent ia still there. What happens when that dent gets cracked a few dozen times? Just being real and being concerned. I mean...you can't train a dent on the side of your head. Just saying

Comment

Fury should give Breland a job and have him in his crew on fight night

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
              My personal opinion, I think he should hire either Manny Robles, John David Jackson or Joel Diaz. I'd really like him to get with Teddy Atlas tbh. Look what
              Teddy did for Povetkin. Povetkin did a 180 after that training.
              How many times do I need to repeat this, Wilder is 36 damn years old ain't no trainer that can fix him, he is what he is and he has one or two fights left in the sport.

Comment

I agree with Wilder's decision. I just disagree with his reasons for the decision. Deas should be fired for being a crappy trainer who doesn't know **** about boxing, not for throwing the towel.

He didn't give any decent advice AT ALL in the first fight and then his great game plan for the second fight was for Wilder to bulk up and become hulk hogan for the second fight.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!!

What on earth about the first fight made him think bulking up was the solution?

The opponent was faster, more skilled, and even had more stamina in the first fight.

How does that make you come to the conclusion that your fighter needs to get bigger?

Getting bigger slows you down and gives you less stamina. Your fighter already had less of both, what on earth made you decide he needs to have even more of a disadvantage in those criteria?

Your reasons for bulking up is that you want more power to get the KO.

Your fighter's opponnet got hurt and fell every time your fighter connected clean.

You didn't need more power, you needed better tactics and strategy so that your fighter can actually land.

From the first fight it seemed clear Wilder needed to use more feints, more body shots, and to aim his punches lower, around the chest area perhaps so that Fury can fall into the punches seeing as he likes to duck under punches.

Thats literally all you needed to do and the KO would have happened

Also, in the first fight Deas had Wilder trying to use the catch and shoot technique.

Defaq?

When has Wilder ever been good at complicated stuff like that?

He got hit so much in the first fight because he was trying to catch and shoot looking like a fish out of water there.

Deas gotta go, but not for throwing the towel but all these other reasons.

Bring Floyd and Foreman in.
                Last edited by Doubledagger; 10-02-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

This move may be for the best for both parties involved. I mean Mark took Deontay Wilder as far as he could. He taught him how to throw the right hand.

However on the other hand, he was never able to fully develop Wilder into a well-rounded, scientific or fundamentally sound fighter. Wilder has to understand that he won't improve his boxing skills unless he is willing to want improve them.

It doesn't matter who he brings in, he still has to have the will and discipline to want to become a better fighter.

Comment

If it wasn’t for Breland Wilder wouldn’t know how to throw a proper jab . Hell he stop the Windmill attack by at least 50%

Comment

WOW, Talk about a warrior!! Wilder is wilder than most professional boxers, with a self belief that would've most likely penetrated the Karate, Judo, leaning grappling "style" of the former depressed drug cheat that had taken time off to detox in the name of depression and mental illness!

I know Mark, a really nice guy, but maybe his jab reliant style with an erect head isnt what Wilder needs in coaching to dethrone the Wrestlemania Gypsy King Pin! Sir Nephew Stewart brought in a whole new fresh Karate based style that introduced Phoorey's 'opened glove relentless slam' to the lethargic weary Wilder by surprise!

Hong Kong Phoorey can use his creative combative style to again lean all over the skinny basketball player with bird legs! But when the skinny guy decides to retaliate (this time around) with some NEW creative STRIKES of his own(?), hopefully Wilder won't get backlash from the Phoorey Phanatics that APPROVE of a style that the ever capable Connor could've used but wasn't allowed to against Mayweather!!

Comment

Working...
                      X