No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder, Longtime Co-Trainer Mark Breland Part Ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk bout that. Mark had a tremendous jab his whole career. Deontay's best technical boxing weapon is probably his jab. That's all Mark. Deontay's gotten by primarily on his power & athleticism & he'd have likely achieved less without Mark in his corner adding some technical aspects to his natural traits.

That's whatever doe. Loyalty is mandatory to many mfers at any level or at any risk. Mark betrayed that. He gots to go as much as I hate to see it.

Randomly I hope Mark gets another high profile job. He's a solid cat despite this situation & can help many guys on the way up still.
    Fury should hire Breland. If anything, just to get inside Wilder's head some more

Comment

Never thought Breland was good for wilder, who needs a far more established trainer who can really get wilder back to the basics. Wilder didn’t fight lazy like he hs in the olympics nor did he fight that way up until the Szpilka fight. After that, it was all wait to land the right hand which is the worst strategy I have ever seen. Wilder needs a Teddy Atlas who will make him up his output and religiously pump the jab AND throw the left hook. Someone’s got to teach wilder to move his head as well. Wilder can probably beat everyone in the division with his current limited style but not Fury, not unless he finds a way to deal with the size advantage

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Never thought Breland was good for wilder, who needs a far more established trainer who can really get wilder back to the basics. Wilder didn’t fight lazy like he hs in the olympics nor did he fight that way up until the Szpilka fight. After that, it was all wait to land the right hand which is the worst strategy I have ever seen. Wilder needs a Teddy Atlas who will make him up his output and religiously pump the jab AND throw the left hook. Someone’s got to teach wilder to move his head as well. Wilder can probably beat everyone in the division with his current limited style but not Fury, not unless he finds a way to deal with the size advantage
        based on what? barely beating ortiz? the amazing ortiz!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          based on what? barely beating ortiz? the amazing ortiz!
          Based on being the biggest puncher in the division. He will always have a punchers chance. Literally the only reason he got so far

Comment

I have no problem with if he doesn't replace him with a glorified yes mam.... Which seems to be the case smh

Comment

Wilder is a man of his word. Simple as that. Everyone on his team was forewarned: if you throw in the towel, you will be fired.

Breland knew that and did it anyway. Case closed and no hard feelings. Breland did what he felt he had to do, and Wilder did what he said he was going to do.

I predict Wilder is going to beat the hell out of Fury, then knock him out cold, in the rubber match. Wilder is coming for blood, the fight is going to be a level playing field and he ain't playing no games.

Comment

Eh, Deontay likes his yes-men and groupies more than tough love, apparently. Too bad.

He really could do a lot more with his jab, given his range, explosiveness, agility and penchant for throwing from weird angles. Fury actually started doing more of that their last fight with his jab and it's one hell of a weapon. If DW does not catch up, the next fight is going to look similar to the last one.

Big George's style won't cut it for DW, I don't think. When George threw, he hurt dudes whether they could see it coming or not; he was extremely heavy-handed, not explosive. DW's "loaded up" right won't cut it for pummeling things into submission because you need to land more than 1 per round for that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
                  Fury should hire Breland. If anything, just to get inside Wilder's head some more
                  Oooooh lol yea I don't disagree with you & honestly it seems like something very Fury-like to do.

I kinda feel like Mark would pass on that doe, but who knows he might be pissed or not gaf.

It would definitely get some headlines & drama into this 3rd fight that might need some extra headlines & drama to sell it.

Comment

I hope Fury knocks this classless clown clear out of the ring in the trilogy. Wilder has a whole lot of white hands in his pockets -- Deas, Finkel, Dibella, but he decides to can the one man who genuinely cares about his well being. Very sad when a black man can do another black man this dirty and place no blame for what happened to him on anyone else. I no longer respect this chump and won't feel a shred of pity if Fury puts him in the hospital this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobson View Post
                      Wilder needs Abel Samchez
                      Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! UNable Sanchez, you say?

Comment

Working...
                      X