Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    that's it..... dig your casual-fan hole even deeper

never read a post from you that did not contain far more bullshlt than truth

you muppets have become a laughing stock

already PROVEN wrong..... but still frantically waving your pom-poms
    Do you think you're a smart person?

Comment

you are CLEARLY just another g-string
      Dude I don't think I've seen you post on a thread or post a comment that didn't involve GGG lol...you're his biggest supporter bro!!

He should thank you for that $200 million!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Dude I don't think I've seen you post on a thread or post a comment that didn't involve GGG lol...you're his biggest supporter bro!!

He should thank you for that $200 million!

he made a few mil fighting bums.... and 2x cashouts with Canelo

about 50mil..... would be more accurate

like I said, stop making up rubbish to support that hypejob..... and stop bashing BETTER fighters to somehow elevate a guy who was unwilling to elevate himself.

REAL fans do not fixate on how much money a fighter made

there is one criteria for greatness..... WHO did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

that is it, nothing else matters..... when will you casual fans learn that?

every-time I ask you who Golovkin beat, you start telling me that Golovkin made 200mil LMAO..... which is horseshlt anyway

who did he beat to be considered great ?

Comment

like I said, stop making up rubbish to support that hypejob..... and stop bashing BETTER fighters to somehow elevate a guy who was unwilling to elevate himself.

there is one criteria for greatness..... WHO did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

every-time I ask you who Golovkin beat, you start telling me that Golovkin made 200mil LMAO..... which is horseshlt anyway

I’m not supporting this fight at all but tell me who was he supposed to fight? Everyone is locked up and the Charlos are with pbc the same pbc that just blocked Beyoncé from fighting AJ

Comment

As I mentioned in a previous post:
            "Terms were not disclosed but for six fights, the takeaway will be nine figures."

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/3/1...anelo-and-more

Combined with the $100 million or so he has already made. He probably made $60 million just from the first 2 Canelo fights.

If he fights a couple with DAZN and retires, he makes over $100 million. If he fights all six and beyond he makes probably close to $200 million.

I think you have me confused with someone else because I have mentioned many times the 14 good to really good fighters GGG has KOed and dominated, maybe losing 10 rounds total in those 14 fights. I honestly don't give a sh.it who wins a fight when two guys enter the ring, I just score it for the better man. On that note he clearly beat Jacobs 8-4, and Canelo 8-4 both fights. He just did, I don't see how anyone keeping it real can score those fights at all for Jacobs or Canelo. If you disagree, please list your scorecards in those fights.

Those guys fought well at times but to neglect to appreciate the consistent good/great work from GGG in those fights is just a biased take. GGG should get a lot of credit for that career. No other top fighter has even 10 good wins in this decade. And by my count I have him at 17 real wins. Look up the other top fighters in this decade if you want and see what their win count is.

GGG has Canelo twice as great wins, in addition to a prime Murray, Lemieux, and Jacobs. Brook was an interesting challenge as a smaller guy who could take a punch, moving up to see if he could outrun and outpoint the bigger man. Trying to do what SRL did to Hagler. So that was a good win for GGG as well.

I don't think GGG's wins over Canelo are as impressive as Hagler taking Hearn's best shots and then stopping him. And going to war with Mugabi and stopping him is a good win too. But Hagler had some blemishes on his resume -Duran (almost lost and went 15 rounds...if GGG did that with Cotto or Pacquiao or someone smaller like that he would get killed, rightfully so, for that), Leonard, Monroe, Watts, even getting dropped by Roldan, and for me GGG doesn't. I keep it real when I score fights and I never saw GGG lose, and never saw him dropped. So all that is a feather in the cap for GGG.

GGG was in there with a lot of good to great fighters, all different types of styles, and never really struggled at all. That is a hell of an accomplishment right there. As great as Hagler was, if you put someone in front of him who would box and move and could take a punch, he would have trouble. Watts (although he mainly just tied Hagler up when Hagler tried to walk in) Leonard, Monroe and Duran all proved that. I've never seen GGG exposed by anyone and if there was a style that could beat him we would have seen it by now.

Btw - if you want to see an example of a fight where I had it about even for GGG, check out the Ouma fight. I had that one basically even before GGG got the KO and if Ouma went 12 and the whole fight went the way of the first 8 rounds or so, I would have had no issue with a draw or even a tight Ouma win, even though I feel a draw was best there probably.

Probably my favorite GGG fight and where I first became a fan of his actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_IvbzOL8
            Last edited by Boxing_1013; 03-19-2019, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              I’m not supporting this fight at all but tell me who was he supposed to fight? Everyone is locked up and the Charlos are with pbc the same pbc that just blocked Beyoncé from fighting AJ
              Especially if Canelo is next in September...there is just no way anyone -DAZN, Canelo, GGG's team - would advocate for a big fight in June.

It would be like Spence fighting Thurman in June if the Pac fight was in September. Just would be a dumb business move.

As I mentioned earlier the good news at MW is that most of the top guys at 160 are with DAZN. So as we are already seeing with GGG Canelo and Jacobs, those guys will all have to fight each other and give us some good fights in the next few years. Along with Andrade and maybe some others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                This guy wants to fight him and is also looking for a June opponent

Comment

• i wouldnt mind ggg vs derevyachenko in june... not the best option, but decent fight from what is available, now if that is too much of a risk then ggg might as well retire...

Comment

As I mentioned in a previous post:
                    "Terms were not disclosed but for six fights, the takeaway will be nine figures."

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/3/1...anelo-and-more

Combined with the $100 million or so he has already made. He probably made $60 million just from the first 2 Canelo fights.

If he fights a couple with DAZN and retires, he makes over $100 million. If he fights all six and beyond he makes probably close to $200 million.

I think you have me confused with someone else because I have mentioned many times the 14 good to really good fighters GGG has KOed and dominated, maybe losing 10 rounds total in those 14 fights. I honestly don't give a sh.it who wins a fight when two guys enter the ring, I just score it for the better man. On that note he clearly beat Jacobs 8-4, and Canelo 8-4 both fights. He just did, I don't see how anyone keeping it real can score those fights at all for Jacobs or Canelo. If you disagree, please list your scorecards in those fights.

Those guys fought well at times but to neglect to appreciate the consistent good/great work from GGG in those fights is just a biased take. GGG should get a lot of credit for that career. No other top fighter has even 10 good wins in this decade. And by my count I have him at 17 real wins. Look up the other top fighters in this decade if you want and see what their win count is.

GGG has Canelo twice as great wins, in addition to a prime Murray, Lemieux, and Jacobs. Brook was an interesting challenge as a smaller guy who could take a punch, moving up to see if he could outrun and outpoint the bigger man. Trying to do what SRL did to Hagler. So that was a good win for GGG as well.

I don't think GGG's wins over Canelo are as impressive as Hagler taking Hearn's best shots and then stopping him. And going to war with Mugabi and stopping him is a good win too. But Hagler had some blemishes on his resume -Duran (almost lost and went 15 rounds...if GGG did that with Cotto or Pacquiao or someone smaller like that he would get killed, rightfully so, for that), Leonard, Monroe, Watts, even getting dropped by Roldan, and for me GGG doesn't. I keep it real when I score fights and I never saw GGG lose, and never saw him dropped. So all that is a feather in the cap for GGG.

GGG was in there with a lot of good to great fighters, all different types of styles, and never really struggled at all. That is a hell of an accomplishment right there. As great as Hagler was, if you put someone in front of him who would box and move and could take a punch, he would have trouble. Watts (although he mainly just tied Hagler up when Hagler tried to walk in) Leonard, Monroe and Duran all proved that. I've never seen GGG exposed by anyone and if there was a style that could beat him we would have seen it by now.

Btw - if you want to see an example of a fight where I had it about even for GGG, check out the Ouma fight. I had that one basically even before GGG got the KO and if Ouma went 12 and the whole fight went the way of the first 8 rounds or so, I would have had no issue with a draw or even a tight Ouma win, even though I feel a draw was best there probably.

Probably my favorite GGG fight and where I first became a fan of his actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_IvbzOL8

first, you said they were good..... then, you tried to say they were great

FACT: Golovkin has never faced a truly great fighter

he avoided mover/spoilers, and world-class boxers..... like the plague..... which is why I have a list of 8 fighters who Golovkin avoided..... and which is why you have decided to re-label good fighters, as great

you are just talking bollocks..... saying rubbish that simply is not true..... like a good little pom-pom waver
                    Last edited by aboutfkntime; 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Especially if Canelo is next in September...there is just no way anyone -DAZN, Canelo, GGG's team - would advocate for a big fight in June.

It would be like Spence fighting Thurman in June if the Pac fight was in September. Just would be a dumb business move.

As I mentioned earlier the good news at MW is that most of the top guys at 160 are with DAZN. So as we are already seeing with GGG Canelo and Jacobs, those guys will all have to fight each other and give us some good fights in the next few years. Along with Andrade and maybe some others.

you pom-pom wavers always have an excuse to justify Golovkin's shltty opponent selection

Comment

Working...
                      X