Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

After having spent the greater part of his record-tying middleweight title reign on a campaign theme of "all the belts," it seems that alphabet hardware is no longer on the list of priorities for Gennady Golovkin. Make no mistake, the former unified middleweight titlist will gladly accept the challenge of any of the division's current claimants-including a lucrative third showdown with World 160-pound king Saul Canelo' Alvarez. But the next six fights he will spend on DAZN will have less to do with the belt at stake than how those fights can redefine his legacy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's a straight swift kick in the nuts for canelo lol, #warggg, real middle weight king

Comment

Turned down the opportunity to become undisputed when he had the chance to fight BJS, I get canelo was the money fight, but he chose money over legacy, and look how that turned out for him.

Comment

With or without?

lol. GGG playing his fans with open admittance that Canelo or Andrade aren't of importance. Abel and Team could've just said ''we're coming for Title Shot opportunities'' which includes a tuneup.

Team GGG just shy that their first bout is a tuneup, whch is why such statements are made.

DAZN wouldn't allow a GOOD DEAL with Golovkin just opting for non title bouts. That doesn't make any sense.

Comment

I read that as he does not intend on fighting Andrade or Charlo. I also noticed that he sidestepped a question about whether or not he was fight all six fights. I don't see him fighting past Alvarez or his next loss, whichever comes first.

Comment

Okay for GGG to protect his health and just enjoy boxing before retirement with no need for glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Thesundancekid View Post
              Turned down the opportunity to become undisputed when he had the chance to fight BJS, I get canelo was the money fight, but he chose money over legacy, and look how that turned out for him.
              Billy Sandals was a juiced up crook, and he was over pricing himself. Get your story correct rookie

Comment

Wow, the 180 on theese comments is a slap to all 97k gggroupies faces out there. There you go fellas, that's your "champ" lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Thesundancekid View Post
                  yeah, I'm sure in hindsight he would've preferred to go back in time and fight Saunders for peanuts in comparison to the 50 million or so he made in 2 fights VS Canelo and possibly had a fight canceled VS Saunders as well for a failed ped test. He must be kicking himself in the ass right now.

Comment

He doesn't need the belts he is the "people's champ"

Comment

Working...
                    X