Comments Thread For: Hearn Frustrated: Deontay Wilder's Team Refusing To Meet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Everything you said is right and made points I didn’t even know

I was just trying to say when fighters look too far ahead and beyond what ls in front of them often it end ls up bad , especially since Wilder has his biggest fight next there’s no need to negotiate for anfight untill after it’s done

I remember Arum talking about this in a interview recently when he was talking about setting up a Tommy Morrison / Lewis fight I believe could be wrong through . Morrison’s team put him in with a soft touch believing he’d win easy and get the lewis next fight but Morrison ends getting KTFO
    Yeah .. Morrison got caught cold in the first minute of the fight and KTFO by Michael Bentt. He did fight Lewis 2 years later, but he had no title himself then so he didn't make anywhere as much as he could have made in a unification.

Anything can happen in HW boxing!

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
      No different to idiot Wilder fans believing the same crap coming out of Finkel's mouth.
      Both promoters want to have control over the funds for this fight as the numbers will be huge, what's holding things up is neither wants to be the 2nd fiddle promoter.
      You talking out your a$$ finkel has been 2nd fiddle to Klitschko/aj... it’s no point in talking about a contract until after the wilder/fury fight, wilder wins his stock rises for a potential aj fight, if he loses he contracted for a rematch with fury. Why tie hisself up in a contract for a April fight now makes zero sense

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Usyk is one of the best boxers in the world and beats AJ easy...but where on earth is anything with Usuk a “super fight”??
        “Beats AJ easy” lol are you feeling alright? He certainly outboxes him but beats him easy that’s a big statement....heavyweight is a different story to cruiserweight.

Doesn’t matter how good a boxer you are at that weight, if gassiev can hurt Usyk than I’m sure most heavyweights will fancy their chances to clip him at some stage in a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Frank Warren admitted that the $50million offer was funded by BT and AJ would have had to breach his UK exclusivity contract with Sky Sports if he accepted it.

He also said that he told Finkel there was no way Hearn would accept it before it was even made!

Take your head out of your arse and look at the evidence ... both sides have been playing PR games, sending offers they knew the other side wouldn't accept!
          Breaking a contract wasn’t a reason he turned down contract.. “McCracken doesn’t want to give up home field advantage, I told aj to take offer” was exact words out of hearns mouth or did you forget that lol

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Everything you said is right and made points I didn’t even know

I was just trying to say when fighters look too far ahead and beyond what ls in front of them often it end ls up bad , especially since Wilder has his biggest fight next there’s no need to negotiate for anfight untill after it’s done

I remember Arum talking about this in a interview recently when he was talking about setting up a Tommy Morrison / Lewis fight I believe could be wrong through . Morrison’s team put him in with a soft touch believing he’d win easy and get the lewis next fight but Morrison ends getting KTFO
            michael Bentt & he lost a 6 million pay day. Mercer did the same when he lost a tuneup to jesse ferguson. The alleged 100000 bribe fight. Mercer was to fight Bowe & lost 4 million purse

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
              No different to idiot Wilder fans believing the same crap coming out of Finkel's mouth.
              Both promoters want to have control over the funds for this fight as the numbers will be huge, what's holding things up is neither wants to be the 2nd fiddle promoter.
              not really accurate. Hearn trying to negotiate at the current time is not a genuine attempt to make the fight. Joshua should be the A side but not offering a ppv upside to wilder is also not a realistic effort to make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                Breaking a contract wasn’t a reason he turned down contract.. “McCracken doesn’t want to give up home field advantage, I told aj to take offer” was exact words out of hearns mouth or did you forget that lol
                Bullshit, Hearn never said that!

He did discuss accepting the offer with AJ and McCracken, but at that stage, they didn't know about BT's involvement.

Remember, Finkel refused to tell him where the money was coming from unless he accepted the offer first. That was the reason why.
                Last edited by kafkod; 10-05-2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                  You talking out your a$$ finkel has been 2nd fiddle to Klitschko/aj... it’s no point in talking about a contract until after the wilder/fury fight, wilder wins his stock rises for a potential aj fight, if he loses he contracted for a rematch with fury. Why tie hisself up in a contract for a April fight now makes zero sense
                  The one thing Hearn has said that negates your point is that the contract for an april 19 fight could be signed with a cancellation clause inserted in case of loss to Fury in December.
                  AJ had a similar contract in place for the Klitschko fight. Granted he only had Molina to get through and not Fury, but Molina troubled Wilder before getting knocked out so at least looked dangerous - but turned out to be a bit of a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Wilder/Fury has a 2 way rematch clause, so team Wilder obviously won't accept an April date now, and Hearn must know that.

But just making the fight to begin with was a huge gamble on their part. They are obviously banking on Fury not being ready. But Wilder has never fought anybody even close to Fury's level, so anything could happen in that fight.
                    I lean towards Fury beating the both of them.

But I am most interested on how giving up 40 odd pounds to Tyson Fury will really manifest itself in the fight. Near on 3 stone. We won’t really know until it begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                      not really accurate. Hearn trying to negotiate at the current time is not a genuine attempt to make the fight. Joshua should be the A side but not offering a ppv upside to wilder is also not a realistic effort to make the fight.
                      And throwing the number $50m around the press without any sort of contract or evidence of funding was a genuine offer? Surely you don't belive that.
                      Both promoters are using smoke and mirrors to further their own ends at the cost of others, that's what all promoters do. Anyone who believes different is niaive at best.

Comment

Working...
                      X