Comments Thread For: Hearn Frustrated: Deontay Wilder's Team Refusing To Meet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Hearn needs to be chasing fury. Fury will beat wilder
    Totally agree. Wilder will be irrelevant after Fury boxes him ugly for 12 round.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      Funny how Joshua's team didn't want to meet when Joshua had a fight coming up but they want wilder to negotiate a fight while he's preparing to fight the lineal heavyweight champion. This is another cheap attempt by Hearn to pretend he wants to make the fight, he'll go in another direction and say, hey we tried and they refused to meet. And idiot Joshua fans will buy it.
      No different to idiot Wilder fans believing the same crap coming out of Finkel's mouth.
      Both promoters want to have control over the funds for this fight as the numbers will be huge, what's holding things up is neither wants to be the 2nd fiddle promoter.
      Last edited by Adamsc151; 10-05-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sportbuddha View Post
        Totally agree. Wilder will be irrelevant after Fury boxes him ugly for 12 round.
        But Josh did say he wants wilder even if wilder loses. So Josh is true to his word at least.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          That plus a few differences:

1. Judah was lineal, a big favorite and baldomir was just a mandatory defense

2. Judah was expected to win and his stock wouldnt have really changed post fight, with baldomir being relatively unknown.

3. Nobody was going to want to see a baldomir-judah rematch over Floyd-Judah.

All of those factors made it "safer" yet it was still a bad idea to setup the floyd fight before he fought baldomir.

With Wilder it makes even way less sense for him to negotiate a with AJ a month out from his Fury fight than it would for typical situations.
          Everything you said is right and made points I didn’t even know

I was just trying to say when fighters look too far ahead and beyond what ls in front of them often it end ls up bad , especially since Wilder has his biggest fight next there’s no need to negotiate for anfight untill after it’s done

I remember Arum talking about this in a interview recently when he was talking about setting up a Tommy Morrison / Lewis fight I believe could be wrong through . Morrison’s team put him in with a soft touch believing he’d win easy and get the lewis next fight but Morrison ends getting KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
            Does anyone reasonable actually believe Hearn at this stage?
            What do you think he is lying about?

You think he hasn't made Wilder an improved offer?

All boxing promoters and managers spin the truth when talking to the media, but Finkel tells outright, barefaced lies, and Wilder fanboys just swallow them whole.

You guys just love the taste of good ol' US bull****!

Comment

More of an AJ fan than a Wilder but why would they negotiate a deal BEFORE the Fury fight.

He could spark Fury out and really catch the yank public’s attention and then the game changes completely.

Or he looks crap and gets smashed to bits himself and disappears.

But you gamble on success if your team Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                'Fake news' ....Hearn you are a clown.

The biggest fight for a long while is taking place on 1st of December and the WHOLE world is looking at this.This is a fight that is not like the Hearns put together a 1/10 on affair as the Povetkin 'fight' was it's a real who win's !

Why the Wilder camp would be interested in making any sort of deal before the biggest fight in recent times is beyond me or any sane person. The Hearns need to stick to acccountcy and stay off the booze, they are just embarrassing , only they and a few other blind folk don't see.The idiot's are going to get Dillian Whyte at Wembley in April...you'd be a fool not to realise that!

Then after you'll get what's his name? oh .....'Big baby Miller'? that of course looks the part(and is definitely not!) and is of course promoted by ...yes ..the Hearns .

I'm a A.J. fan . I am at a real hard knocks boxing gym in England but I see and smell a rat ...in fact two...father and son.....A.J. will earn loads as he already has and I've no problem with that but even he is gone down in our ratings(what a real shame!)...give me $50 i'll sign tomorrow....there is no way out of that!

Eddie doesn't have to make a **** of himself like running in to the ring like he did in a Froch fight when the fight wasn't even over he's doing this EVERY time his lips move .The old man should be in a nursing home , forced to watch the great fights of yesteryear of which he and his son are depriving the real fans of the sport from watching!

I don't like any promoter , why would I as a boxing purist but these two are a complete and utter pair of wankers.
                Frank Warren admitted that the $50million offer was funded by BT and AJ would have had to breach his UK exclusivity contract with Sky Sports if he accepted it.

He also said that he told Finkel there was no way Hearn would accept it before it was even made!

Take your head out of your arse and look at the evidence ... both sides have been playing PR games, sending offers they knew the other side wouldn't accept!

Comment

“We wrote to (Wilder’s camp) after our fight with Povetkin and said we need to make our move soon because of mandatories in place for April 13, so could we have a meeting,” Hearn added.

I totally forgot it has been one year since the IBF mandatory. With the eliminator this month I expect them to call that at the end of the year..... guess we'll be getting Joshua vs Pulev/Fury in April lol

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Except Wilder is High risk/high reward whereas Usyk is likely VERY HIGH risk/low reward
                    True although I think after he beats a couple of Brits it will be a huge fight over here once the sky hype machine gets going. Plus getting outvoxed by usyk wouldnt destroy his career, he'll still be a big attraction

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      More of an AJ fan than a Wilder but why would they negotiate a deal BEFORE the Fury fight.

He could spark Fury out and really catch the yank public’s attention and then the game changes completely.

Or he looks crap and gets smashed to bits himself and disappears.

But you gamble on success if your team Wilder
                      Wilder/Fury has a 2 way rematch clause, so team Wilder obviously won't accept an April date now, and Hearn must know that.

But just making the fight to begin with was a huge gamble on their part. They are obviously banking on Fury not being ready. But Wilder has never fought anybody even close to Fury's level, so anything could happen in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X