No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Dominates Gassiev To Unify WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    surely there has to be an argument for usyk as p4p no.1?
    I thought that for at least a few years.

Comment

• That was a masterclass from Usyk. Punch perfect.
      The output, movement, Gassiev was at a loss at what to do.

I feel a bit for Gassiev, I hope his confidence isn't dented too much. I still think he's a real good fighter and the best CW not named Usyk. Him and Briedis would be a good fight.

Props to Usyk though. He looked great on the big stage. A P4P talent who once again gets the job done in his opponents home country.

Olympic gold to undisputed and lineal within 6 years and only 15 fights.
      Last edited by Chrismart; 07-21-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• I'd like you to meet
        GOLD National boxing team of UKRAЇNE

THE OLYMPICS 2008 - BEIJING:
        First GOLD medal - Vasyl Lomachenko
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/659771
        - Sergiy Derevyanchenko
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/691996
        - Oleksandr Usyk
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/659772
        BRONZE medal - Vyacheslav Glazkov
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/496178

THE OLYMPICS 2012 - LONDON:
        - Pavlo Ishchenko
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/730630
        Second GOLD medal - Vasyl Lomachenko
        SILVER medal - Denys Berinchyk
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/727039
        BRONZE medal - Taras Shelestyuk
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/645118
        - Ievgen Khytrov
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/667461
        BRONZE medal - Oleksandr Gvozdyk
        boxrec.com/en/boxer/679709
        GOLD medal - - Oleksandr Usyk

Comment

• Originally posted by buddyr View Post
          yeah, Usyk is a very good boxer, but one thing I don't like that he does, and Lomachenko does it too, are those pitty pat, pecking combos in close. Just like Lomachenko, he paid for it today at the end of the round. I've said it over and over up here, my trainer told me once to never do that pitty pat bs because someone will time you and come over the top without fear of what they would receive in return. Other than that, he fought a perfect fight.
          Apparently your trainer is better than trainer of #1 P4P fighter and the 2017 WBAA trainer of the year.
          Last edited by steven_z; 07-21-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Don't underestimate pitty pat, pecking combos.
            They can bully opponents' will, make them look schoolboys lost in the ring, quit on their stools and even straight knocked down sometimes.
            Not to say it usually turns their faces into beetroot (which is pure humiliation).

Comment

• Originally posted by ManLikeCossack View Post
              GOLD National boxing team of UKRAЇNE
              And this UKRAINIAN GOLDEN TEAM was created by Anatoly Lomachenko - Vasyl's father and trainer and already is Usyk's trainer and Number 1 P4P Trainer today.

Comment

• Anatoly Lomachenko is the best trainer in the game. He trained Usyk for Gassiev in total privacy. Nobody knew about that. I've read only some posts in Ukrainian forums about it. We only saw Anatoly in Usyk's corner. Anatoly Lomachenko is very humble person, but he is the best boxing trainer of our era.

Comment

• Both of them could move up now. No need to stay in this division.

Comment

• Originally posted by gromalle View Post
                    No. ~25% of Crimea population is Crimean Tatars.
                    No. ~15% Ukrainians (russian speakin, yes).

That was classical annexation like Sudetes annexation before WWII.
                    At no point in the past before WWII Sudetes were part of Germany. Unlike Crimea, which was part of Russia before 1954. Nikita Khruschov, who was a Soviet leader back then, initiated that change, which did not seem like a big deal, since both Russia and Ukraine were Soviet Union.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                      Usyk prolly came in at 210 - 215 ... Shorter? sure... Smaller? not so much... Add to that Wilder completely fooked up weight distribution and thus balance and you have a receipe for him knocking out himself against a 225 lbs Lomachenko...

I mean... A pretty average Polish guy had no problem making him miss for several rounds and even made him visit the floor on his own... face down ... twice ...

I think Wilder's belt is achievable for Usyk in a foreseeable future... But that's just me...
                      That polish guy also got knocked unconscious and had to be carried away on a stretcher. The entire arena was worried that wilder did permanent damage or killed that guy. Let's not see it happen to usyk too.

Comment

Working...
                      X