No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk Dominates Gassiev To Unify WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
    I think Usyk-Wilder would be a fascinating fight.

Wilder's not a huge heavyweight or the most technical. But he is long and got great 1 punch ko power.

Could Wilder either effectively use his longer range and outbox him from a distance or catch him with a fight ending punch.

Or would Usyk manage to make Wilder look really ordinary by outboxing him and have Wilder swinging hopelessly.
    Last sentence is the reason why it won't happent.

Comment

• Usyk looked great and you'd have to think the next step is to move up to heavyweight. I'm afraid though he doesn't have the power for heavyweight and might lack the chin against the bigger guys. With that said I do think he gives everyone a run for their money with the exception of Joshua and Wilder, both I think have too much size and power for Usyk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
        pelase gtfo with your bull****. seriously. then who the f is he? Russia has got more than 100 nationalities and they all are Russians/ wake the **** up. its not just Ivan or Drago white looking men.
        Then explain why there are two different words in the Russian language to distinguish between ethnic Russians vs people with Russian Citizenship but who aren't Russian : Rossiyskiy vs Ruskiy
        Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-21-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          He's terrified to leave his backyard and his cowardice is only encouraged by statements like these.
          it's not about terror, he is one of the few fighters in the UK (or only one right now) that is guaranteed to sell out stadiums. He signed for 2 fights in Cardiff and then 2 fights in London.

It's about money

Sure his promoter wants to protect his cash cow but he's been trying to line up the Wilder fight for over a year now. Everyone knows Joshua doesn't have a great chin too but he isn't afraid to fight HW's just because of that lol, who are you kidding

It's clear that American's in general don't consider Wilder a big star and networks aren't going to pay the kind of money required to get Joshua over there against "their guy" .... why can't Wilder come to the UK and make his record payday against the real champ? or are you honestly claiming that Deontay's WBC belt is legit? Wilder hasn't really beaten a current champion only the guy that beat Chris Arreola for a vacant title lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
            Can someone shed a little more light on this fighting style the Ukrainians seem to have, seems to have been set in place for London 2012.

Usyk put on a masterclass tonight, but such are the similarities with Loma I’m interested to know what the source is in this fighting style.
            It’s Anatoliy Lomachenko school. He was in the Usyk’s corner today as well. As unofficial trainer, giving advice through the ropes.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_z View Post
              It’s Anatoliy Lomachenko school. He was in the Usyk’s corner today as well. As unofficial trainer, giving advice through the ropes.
              Ya Anatoliy was Usyk's trainer from 2009 until he turned pro and was in his corner tonight.

Comment

• Comment

• Respect to Usyk for defending in Russia and representing like a true champion.

A boring fight however, I was not impressed by Usyk, more dissapointed in Gassiev lack of effort; most of Usyk's punches just pinned Gassiev hands to his high-guard looking flashy but doing little damage -- basic fundamentals. For all the punches Usyk thrown if he had real power he might of got Murat out of there ; but Usyk seems to be pillow-fisted and this is the dull type of performances that I expect from the Ukrainian from now on, congratulations.
                  Last edited by 1hourRun; 07-21-2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Cool. I have a good friend from Moldova who moved to America last year. I'm always asking him about the region and how things work. He's lived in Russia and worked in Ukraine. One interesting thing he told me, you may not agree, is that Crimea wants to be Russia. Most people there speak Russian. Is that true?
                    I doubt your friend could have possibly asked all the Crimeans on that matter. )

Thing is, you can only know it through referendum.
                    When Crimea parliament voted for referendum on joining Russia they did it under guns trained at them in a Parliament building captured by heavily armed military people. Moreover, the referendum itself was null since it could not be legally held neither under Ukrainian nor Russian legislation.

Still, more important is that Crimea has an ethnic population of Crimean Tatars that were mass relocated under Stalin and could only come back after USSR collapsed and Ukraine let them return back home.

A lot can be told about the Crimea annexation by Russia but in a nutshell we have a bully-country using the opportunity to exploit its neighbor's weakness after bloody revolution to snatch a piece of its territory.
                    Note, Russia did it after signing Budapest Memorandum vowing to never encroach Ukraine's territory in exchange for Ukraine's nuclear missiles (3rd world potential it was then).

So, personally, I think your friend from Moldova just does not dig in.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_z View Post
                      yeah, Usyk is a very good boxer, but one thing I don't like that he does, and Lomachenko does it too, are those pitty pat, pecking combos in close. Just like Lomachenko, he paid for it today at the end of the round. I've said it over and over up here, my trainer told me once to never do that pitty pat bs because someone will time you and come over the top without fear of what they would receive in return. Other than that, he fought a perfect fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X