Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the IBF sanction Spence/Ocampo but not GGG/Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    I’m aware that Ponomarev ducked Ocampos and if I recall a Spence fight also

But while the IBF is a stickler for following their rules it comes at a detriment to their belt , brand and their pockets
    And that's why they should be respected. They don't care about their belt, brand or pockets. They only care about the rules. The champion is whoever deserves to be the champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      I don't care about Vanes. Canelo ****en that up and GG cleaned up the mess. The IBF should have never stripped GG-now say that they should've.
      IBF had no choice. Mandatory was due, GGG took a non-title fight and then still refused to make the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        And that's why they should be respected. They don't care about their belt, brand or pockets. They only care about the rules. The champion is whoever deserves to be the champion.
        Your right they should be respected for always following their rules even if it’s to their own detriment

But let’s be honest with boxing being the Wild West of sports and the IBF always sticking to their own rules regardless of the Champion holding the strap sometimes following the rules isn’t the best way to go about things .

stripping Long reigning champions because his opponent popped dirty and choosing to fight a stay busy fight in hopes of landing rematch and giving the opportunity to guy who just fought a guy who was 22-22 or stripping the newly crowned Champ at HW ( notnthat it mattered )when he decides to have rematch with a legend instead of fighting a Charles Martin type in a Mando doesn’t do anyone or the sport any good except the fighter ls who gets a chance at the strap fightings lesser competition

Established name fighters often chose to be ranked by the other organizations because they know the IBF doesn’t play favourites

While this works great for elite talents like Spence /Brook who will be guaranteed a chance at a strap if they keep winning who otherwise might be avoided by the more established names with the belts in other organizations

But in too many cases It also allows fighters who don’t belong and haven’t done enough Or deserve a chance at a strap to game the system and be put into Mando positions only to get absolutely destroyed in fights because of the obvious mismatch ( Wade , Bizier , most likely Ocampo ) and is a waste of time for everyone involved

It’s hard to justify a fighter getting a shot at a World title who has never beaten a fighter in the top 100 or 150 of their weight class. Rules or not that’s a joke

Like I’ve said I’m just a dumb opinionated fan and you guys know the ins and outs and everything in between but when following your rules even when it doesn’t help the sport or the organization maybe it’s time to revise some of the rules I’m assuming their not etched in stone like the 10 commandments and can changed if they aren’t working to benefit the organization and the fighters am I wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          You usually post good stuff but kinda went off the rails here. They don't sanction based on odds. Ocampo is ACTIVE, in the same weight class, undefeated, and in no way a similar situation to Vanes.
          I didn't even complain about Vanes, and I admit I don't find Ocampo to be a compelling opponent. But, I'm not seeing the comparison here or sanctioning issues.
          Ding! Ding! Ding!

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
            what you facepalming for you clown. vanes has fought at a FAR higher level than ocampos. many thought he beat charlo, and he dropped andrade in a split decision and gave lara a hard fight. you guys are embarassing trying to demote him to a fighter of the level of ocampos, who has literally fought noone. theres hundreds of bums who have competed at the same weight for 2 years, since when was that justification for someone being a good opponent.
            its already proven you are a ggg fanboy....

so go somewhere else with this nonsense

Comment

Yes Devrechenko was a better fight but Golovkin also had a Canelo fight to consider a giant life changing payday

Devrechenko is a threat but is no name with no buzz and fights on undercards

Like I said I hold more weight for anfighter that Vanes who has proven he could compete against the best then a guy who’s never beaten a top 150 fighter

Maybe I’m wrong
              the only thing vanes proved was that he didnt fight in 2 years and never fought about 154

Comment

Your right they should be respected for always following their rules even if it’s to their own detriment

But let’s be honest with boxing being the Wild West of sports and the IBF always sticking to their own rules regardless of the Champion holding the strap sometimes following the rules isn’t the best way to go about things .

stripping Long reigning champions because his opponent popped dirty and choosing to fight a stay busy fight in hopes of landing rematch and giving the opportunity to guy who just fought a guy who was 22-22 or stripping the newly crowned Champ at HW ( notnthat it mattered )when he decides to have rematch with a legend instead of fighting a Charles Martin type in a Mando doesn’t do anyone or the sport any good except the fighter ls who gets a chance at the strap fightings lesser competition

Established name fighters often chose to be ranked by the other organizations because they know the IBF doesn’t play favourites

While this works great for elite talents like Spence /Brook who will be guaranteed a chance at a strap if they keep winning who otherwise might be avoided by the more established names with the belts in other organizations

But in too many cases It also allows fighters who don’t belong and haven’t done enough Or deserve a chance at a strap to game the system and be put into Mando positions only to get absolutely destroyed in fights because of the obvious mismatch ( Wade , Bizier , most likely Ocampo ) and is a waste of time for everyone involved

It’s hard to justify a fighter getting a shot at a World title who has never beaten a fighter in the top 100 or 150 of their weight class. Rules or not that’s a joke

Like I’ve said I’m just a dumb opinionated fan and you guys know the ins and outs and everything in between but when following your rules even when it doesn’t help the sport or the organization maybe it’s time to revise some of the rules I’m assuming their not etched in stone like the 10 commandments and can changed if they aren’t working to benefit the organization and the fighters am I wrong
                fans need to understand there is no such thing as being the champion of the world. there are four leagues the world recognizes as major titles and each has pros and cons.

you have articulated very well the pros and cons of the ibf. and the prestige of being ibf world champion should be based accordingly.

if ggg didnt want to live up to the responsibilities of holding three major titles, that was his choice, but he left the ibf no choice.

tyson fury was double mandatory with zero obligation to offer a rematch clause. he chose to sell a rematch clause. he left the ibf no choice.

every time you analyze the four leagues, the pros and cons lead to the same result. the wbc is the main title, the wbo is the least important, and the wba is ruining itself with the super titles. putting the ibf at a solid #2.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                  IBF had no choice. Mandatory was due, GGG took a non-title fight and then still refused to make the mandatory.
                  How do you make the mandatory due when the guys he was supposed toi fight failed a test? How the **** is that fair to GG? How? And second, you justify that sucka **** so there isn't anything that we even need to talk about anymore. **** the IBF...!!!

That was a ***** move by the IBF and you know it. Convo is over. There isn't anything that you can say that justifies that ***** move.

The IBF rankings are downright felonious...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    You usually post good stuff but kinda went off the rails here. They don't sanction based on odds. Ocampo is ACTIVE, in the same weight class, undefeated, and in no way a similar situation to Vanes.
                    I didn't even complain about Vanes, and I admit I don't find Ocampo to be a compelling opponent. But, I'm not seeing the comparison here or sanctioning issues.
                    But Redd, not coming at you, but who in the hell has he beat? Jorge Paez Jr...!!!???

Comment

because sanctioning bodies and oddsmakers are two different things.

Comment

Working...
                      X