Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG~vs~Hopkins; Who's Run at 160 More Impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    NO

this discussion is about, who has a better resume at 160..... so, that is the ONLY relevant subject

Hopkins best win is Trinidad.... and Golovkin's best win is Jacobs

Hopkins knocking out Trinidad, is a much bigger scalp than Golovkin scraping past Danny Jacobs..... who nobody gave a chance

Trinidad > Jacobs..... so, Hopkins > Golovkin
    Incorrect again. Since it's my post and I made it clear I was talking about only this fight in isolation your response is once again irrelevant.

Comment

I am not the muppet who is suggesting that Jacobs > Trinidad
      At Middleweight if he fought Jacobs he would lose. No doubt in my mind. Danny is too big for Tito..

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Incorrect again. Since it's my post and I made it clear I was talking about only this fight in isolation your response is once again irrelevant.

aah ok, fair call

let me know when you switch back to the subject at hand

Comment

At Middleweight if he fought Jacobs he would lose. No doubt in my mind. Danny is too big for Tito..

sorry but that seems clueless

you have no idea what would happen in that fight

Trinidad has proven that he is a level above Jacobs

it would take one punch over 12 rounds to prove you wrong

I say the Tito that beat Joppy beats Jacobs

btw..... this is not a head-to-head regarding opponents..... this is about who has the better win, and Trinidad > Jacobs, no question

Comment

sorry but that seems clueless

you have no idea what would happen in that fight

Trinidad has proven that he is a level above Jacobs

it would take one punch over 12 rounds to prove you wrong

I say the Tito that beat Joppy beats Jacobs

btw..... this is not a head-to-head regarding opponents..... this is about who has the better win, and Trinidad > Jacobs, no question
            Incorrect again. You didn't start this thread so you don't have a say in how people respond. Again if Trinidad fought as a Middleweight against Daniel Jacobs he would lose.
            Size Danny is bigger and stronger
            Style. Danny isn't considered a mover but he can move enough to give Trinidad problems. Danny can fight left and right handed again getting Trinidad confused because I always considered Trinidad a somewhat robotic fighter.
            Power. Hopkins stopped Trinidad with a body shot and Danny hits harder than Hopkins who was a good puncher but not on the level of Jacobs. I'd give the guy Jacobs just beat Sulecki a real shot at embarassing Trinidad because he is a better boxer and his style would be poison for Trinidad.

Comment

I can't believe even 15 people here voted for golemovkin... 15 morons.

Comment

Incorrect again. You didn't start this thread so you don't have a say in how people respond. Again if Trinidad fought as a Middleweight against Daniel Jacobs he would lose.
                Size Danny is bigger and stronger
                Style. Danny isn't considered a mover but he can move enough to give Trinidad problems. Danny can fight left and right handed again getting Trinidad confused because I always considered Trinidad a somewhat robotic fighter.
                Power. Hopkins stopped Trinidad with a body shot and Danny hits harder than Hopkins who was a good puncher but not on the level of Jacobs. I'd give the guy Jacobs just beat Sulecki a real shot at embarassing Trinidad because he is a better boxer and his style would be poison for Trinidad.

FACT: your opinion Jacobs > Trinidad is irrelevant for two reasons

1) it is opinion, and not sure that it is an educated opinion either

2) it is irrelevant when it comes to Golovkin/Hopkins, because comparing their opponents head-to-head is mythical..... and just another opinion..... triangle theories do not work in boxing, mostly because of styles..... so, even if Jacobs could beat Trinidad (and you have NO idea), that does not mean he can beat Hopkins..... just like how if Trinidad beat Jacobs, that does not prove he can beat Golovkin

you are conducting mythical matchups in your head..... when the ONLY relevant facts are right in front of you.....

FACT: historically, Trinidad > Jacobs..... who was a huge underdog vs Golovkin

Comment

FACT: your opinion Jacobs > Trinidad is irrelevant for two reasons

1) it is opinion, and not sure that it is an educated opinion either

2) it is irrelevant when it comes to Golovkin/Hopkins, because comparing their opponents head-to-head is mythical..... and just another opinion..... triangle theories do not work in boxing, mostly because of styles..... so, even if Jacobs could beat Trinidad (and you have NO idea), that does not mean he can beat Hopkins..... just like how if Trinidad beat Jacobs, that does not prove he can beat Golovkin

you are conducting mythical matchups in your head..... when the ONLY relevant facts are right in front of you.....

FACT: historically, Trinidad > Jacobs..... who was a huge underdog vs Golovkin
                  They had no common opponents so there is no triangle theory. A Triangle theory involves a common opponent. Who is better or who isn't without acommondenominator is based on observation. You seem to agree that Trinidad was and should have been the favorite because you keep bringing it up. I thought the opposite. I was right you were wrong. Those are the facts.

Comment

They had no common opponents so there is no triangle theory. A Triangle theory involves a common opponent. Who is better or who isn't without acommondenominator is based on observation.

you are attempting to argue..... that Golovkin's best opponent, could beat Hopkin's best opponent..... therefore making Golovkin's best-win, better than Hopkins best-win..... which is not only WORSE than a triangle-theory, it is flawed logic at best

dude, Trinidad..... was a GREAT fighter

You seem to agree that Trinidad was and should have been the favorite because you keep bringing it up. I thought the opposite. I was right you were wrong. Those are the facts.

this is the only fact that matters.....

historically, Trinidad > Jacobs..... /story

Trinidad was great, AND he was the favorite..... Jacobs, was neither of those things

that stuff you made up was not facts, it was opinion..... and yea, I highly doubt that Jacobs could beat Trinidad based on his last two performances

1) how many right hands did Sulecki land on Jacobs ?

2) can I search your post-history (and I am an expert lol) and find you making references to Danny Jacobs having a glass-jaw?

Comment

They had no common opponents so there is no triangle theory. A Triangle theory involves a common opponent. Who is better or who isn't without acommondenominator is based on observation. You seem to agree that Trinidad was and should have been the favorite because you keep bringing it up. I thought the opposite. I was right you were wrong. Those are the facts.

doh !

03-17-2017.....
                      I'm a GGG fan and Jacobs is chinney.

He's not a bum but talk about Jacobs being the best fighter Golovkin ever fought is baffling.
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...1#post17507601

looool

tell me again how " chinny " Jacobs..... a guy who..... is not quite a bum..... could beat Trinidad ?

or..... hoppit, either is fine

Comment

Working...
                      X