Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua is a Joke, He's Scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    Direct quotes from Ring

Eddie Hearn: “If they don’t accept it, the fight’s not dead. It just means we’re going to fight Alexander Povetkin next, and we’ll talk again in December, or February or March of next year.’’

“We’re the A-side of this matchup,’’ Hearn said. “A 60-40 split is so disproportionate in terms of the relative values of both fighters. Our offer is five times what Deontay Wilder has made for any fight. Everything he gets in this fight is because of Anthony.’’

De La Hoya: So, 30 days ago I made an offer to GGG and his people. I made an eight-figure offer. I believe it’s an offer that was two, three, four times what he’s ever made and haven’t heard back. And that’s the bottom line.”

Mayweather: "He ask about a 50/50 split and I told him no that can't happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me then you have made in your career," Mayweather offered Pac 40 million flat fee.

Wilder will end up getting a split, just like the rest of these fights. Based on Hearn's comments, we know he doesn't want the fight right now, and this was just fishing. So the question is not whether or not Wilder gets a percentage split, the question is "when" will Wilder get offered the percentage split. Hearn already alluded to next year. So all signs point to this fight not happening till 2019. Props to that poster that been saying that since the beginning of the year.
    The problem with your post is ....

Its a TWO fight deal and IF Wilder wins it then becomes a 3 fight affair bc we all know it doesnt end at one a piece .

Best case scenerio for Wilder is he wins both fights and makes at LEAST 40 Million .

Worst case is he loses twice and still makes over 25 Million .

If he doesn't take the fight offer he simply is not confident .

In the event of a THIRD fight it probably does generate into a 100 million fight .

If he gets knocked out anytime before the fight IS made he will look like the biggest fool in boxing history .

Hes simply mismanaged ,anyone with common sense would see that by now .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-13-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamsmoke89 View Post
      Ur an idiot!!!!
      wat a juvenile response to facts... Must b intellectually incapable of better.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        The problem with your post is ....

Its a TWO fight deal and IF Wilder wins it then becomes a 3 fight affair bc we all know it doesnt end at one a piece .

Best case scenerio for Wilder is he wins both fights and makes at LEAST 40 Million .

Worst case is he loses twice and still makes over 25 Million .

If he doesn't take the fight offer he simply is not confident .

In the event of a THIRD fight it probably does generate into a 100 million fight .

If he gets knocked out anytime before the fight IS made he will look like the biggest fool in boxing history .

Hes simply mismanaged ,anyone with common sense would see that by now .
        There was no problem with my post. There is however a problem with your post - Erroneous information, the take it or leave it deal did not include a guarantee of a rematch. And as anyone can see, also supported by historic precedent, offers of a flat fee, in big fights, are either a negotiating or stall tactic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
          Joshua makes 20 Mill a fight. He's offering Wilder 12.5 Mill.

AJ is the one who has done all the work and brought money to the Heavyweight division. If AJ wasn't around, how much money do you think that 2 bit nobody Wilder would earn?

Wilder can't even sell all the tickets for his fights for crying out loud. He makes 1 Mill a fight yet he's turning this offer down?

It's bull****!!
          Like I said no matter how it is split Aj will make more but to simply pay D.Wilder a very low % is not fair. 60-40 should be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Like I said no matter how it is split Aj will make more but to simply pay D.Wilder a very low % is not fair. 60-40 should be fair.
            If AJ brings in 95% of the revenue, how can it be fair for Wilder to take a massive 40% of the money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
              If AJ brings in 95% of the revenue, how can it be fair for Wilder to take a massive 40% of the money?
              D.Wilder's stock has gone up especially since he beat Ortiz & Aj doesn't want to fight him & the longer it goes the more D.Wilder will have to be paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                D.Wilder's stock has gone up especially since he beat Ortiz & Aj doesn't want to fight him & the longer it goes the more D.Wilder will have to be paid.
                His stock hasn't gone up that far.

Wilder does not deserve 40%, no matter which way you want to cut it.

Do you think Haymon is going to pay Deontay more money due to him beating Ortiz? I don't think he will some how.

Wilder is still going to struggle getting people to go to his fights. Just watch when he steps in the ring next time. It will be the same story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  If they don’t want the fight they would not be making offers. They could wait for Team Wilder to throw them an offer. They have made two offers now, so yeah that logic that you have there doesn’t make any sense.
                  I said MAYBE...calm down. You are a little bit too overly emotional about this. Only a complete idiot would deny that hearn would not rather have someone other than Wilder fight Joshua next so is it really that far fetched to low ball a fighter you REALLY dont want to fight? Open your mind a little...

Comment

Direct quotes from Ring

Eddie Hearn: “If they don’t accept it, the fight’s not dead. It just means we’re going to fight Alexander Povetkin next, and we’ll talk again in December, or February or March of next year.’’

“We’re the A-side of this matchup,’’ Hearn said. “A 60-40 split is so disproportionate in terms of the relative values of both fighters. Our offer is five times what Deontay Wilder has made for any fight. Everything he gets in this fight is because of Anthony.’’

De La Hoya: So, 30 days ago I made an offer to GGG and his people. I made an eight-figure offer. I believe it’s an offer that was two, three, four times what he’s ever made and haven’t heard back. And that’s the bottom line.”

Mayweather: "He ask about a 50/50 split and I told him no that can't happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me then you have made in your career," Mayweather offered Pac 40 million flat fee.

Wilder will end up getting a split, just like the rest of these fights. Based on Hearn's comments, we know he doesn't want the fight right now, and this was just fishing. So the question is not whether or not Wilder gets a percentage split, the question is "when" will Wilder get offered the percentage split. Hearn already alluded to next year. So all signs point to this fight not happening till 2019. Props to that poster that been saying that since the beginning of the year.
                    Excellent post

Comment

Direct quotes from Ring

Good post. Boxing will always come full circle. Joshua ole stiff, scared, shook ass...

Comment

Working...
                      X