Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua is a Joke, He's Scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    Direct quotes from Ring

Eddie Hearn: “If they don’t accept it, the fight’s not dead. It just means we’re going to fight Alexander Povetkin next, and we’ll talk again in December, or February or March of next year.’’

“We’re the A-side of this matchup,’’ Hearn said. “A 60-40 split is so disproportionate in terms of the relative values of both fighters. Our offer is five times what Deontay Wilder has made for any fight. Everything he gets in this fight is because of Anthony.’’

De La Hoya: So, 30 days ago I made an offer to GGG and his people. I made an eight-figure offer. I believe it’s an offer that was two, three, four times what he’s ever made and haven’t heard back. And that’s the bottom line.”

Mayweather: "He ask about a 50/50 split and I told him no that can't happen, but what can happen is you can make more money fighting me then you have made in your career," Mayweather offered Pac 40 million flat fee.

Wilder will end up getting a split, just like the rest of these fights. Based on Hearn's comments, we know he doesn't want the fight right now, and this was just fishing. So the question is not whether or not Wilder gets a percentage split, the question is "when" will Wilder get offered the percentage split. Hearn already alluded to next year. So all signs point to this fight not happening till 2019. Props to that poster that been saying that since the beginning of the year.
    Well said.

Comment

• Yoooooooo...........

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Where the hell are all of these alts and aliases coming from? The ****
      I thought I was the only one to notice this madness..........DAMN IT!

Comment

• Fam..........

Originally posted by mezzaninho View Post
        I don't believe AJ is scared to fight Wilder. But Eddie Hearn doesn't want it to happen until he's made about a billion $ guiding AJ to mediocre opposition and waiting for Tyson Fury to get fit.

AJ is Eddie's golden goose. The goose will produce two or three ~$50 million golden eggs per year with little risk of a loss (Takam, Parker, Miller, Povetkin, Whyte) and has the ability to produce a ~$100 million egg if Fury can get fit. And while a decision loss to Fury is possible, it doesn't kill AJ's marketability and sets up a ~$100 million rematch.

Think like Eddie: AJ is his ticket to becoming a billionaire. Why put him in a 50/50 fight where either fighter could get knocked "spark out"? The risk reward doesn't make sense. If AJ wins, his marketability and future earnings increase slightly. If AJ loses by vicious KO, his marketability and future earnings decrease by 50% at least.

Eddie negotiated a % of revenues with Parker's team (something like 33-35%). Deontay's team asked for 40%. Both are with Showtime. They are already close on %, it's is an easy negotiation.
        So now Eddie is making a flat offer for 10-15% of the purse. And saying 48 hours, take it or leave it?!?!?
        What happened to negotiation, Eddie? Why are you treating Parker and Wilder so differently? Don't be blind, it's abundantly clear that Eddie CLEARLY does not want to see The Bronze Bomber vs. The Golden Goose
        This is no ordinary post! This is more journalism than you'll find throughout most of this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          Are you off your nut lol.....do you think all $100 million will be for the fighters.....you have undercards , promotion fees , stadiums , sky fees and taxes so no its not $100 million purse gumbo.
          Your brains are as rare as rocking horse **** lol
          im just speaking general ass clown. like you sitting at a computer talking ****; in in these gyms every day so if you really want to idk be tough get from behind the screen *****

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            Don't be ******. The fight isn't generating that kind of money.

Joshua picks up 20 Mill a fight. He's offering Wilder 12.5 Mill to unify. That's a big offer. It's over 30%.

AJ is the one who sells out and has people come to see him, not Wilder. Wilder is the one who's scared here. And ****ing delusional as well.

Where are the scum bags that called Golovkin a coward for not accepting the Canelo offer? Where are you hypocrites?
            your ADD has kicked in... who's talking about GGG. dont be ****** stay on the subject..

Comment

• Originally posted by tokon View Post
              This pretty much sums it up.

I don't believe that Joshua is "scared" but I do think his promoter is!
              exactly I think AJ takes the fight. I think Hearn doesnt want the risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
                im just speaking general ass clown. like you sitting at a computer talking ****; in in these gyms every day so if you really want to idk be tough get from behind the screen *****
                so am i always in the gym...no problem if your over here in london....we meet up no probs top dog .. as for your talking as if your some sort of guru over joshua callling a heavyweight champion some kind of ducker and a coward you would get smashed to pieces.
                Now behave and act like a boxer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Maybe because AJ now has 3 belts to Wilder 1 belt? Who knows.
                  Or maybe Just maybe Aj and his team does not really want the fight. If we all know WIlder vs Joshua makes more money and Wilder has a bigger following than Parker why not offer him either the same as parker or a little more. Its strange. No doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                    Or maybe Just maybe Aj and his team does not really want the fight.

If they don’t want the fight they would not be making offers. They could wait for Team Wilder to throw them an offer. They have made two offers now, so yeah that logic that you have there doesn’t make any sense.

Comment

• Well apparently he is worried about a loss .

Going to run away from a 2 fight deal which could bank him just about 40 Million or more .

Guess hes NOT that confident ?

Comment

Working...
                      X