Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: Anthony Joshua is a Joke, He's Scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wilder could get any money together he'd be able to put it up and put on the show with the biggest purse. Until then, he'll have to watch how Joshua gets on taking the name opponents and making the millions. Leaving Wilder to fight whoever is left, including Hearn fighters at some point and watch from the sidelines until he's ready to take an offer he currently feels above taking.
    Prize fighting was always taking the short end of the stick vs the richer one to get in the top prize spot.

Does Wilder bring more money to the table than Klitschko? If he brings comparable deals then he'll get paid like it.
    Take a risk on a percentage of an unknown number or take a flat fee, he'll be able to get that offer upped a little but I'd be surprised if they can guarantee enough income to get the significant jump Wilder is dreaming of. Let's see what Wilder brings to the table this week.
    Last edited by Reverb; 04-11-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
      There could be a thread of truth in this.

Joshua and Hearn are VERY protective of the undefeated record, they know this is how boxing makes huge amounts in the modern era. Wilder could put a defeat on Joshua's resume thus killing the cash cow that Eddie Hearn has so carefully cultivated.

Joshua has looked very limited in his last 2 fights, whereas Wilder has improved.

The bodybuilding robot vs the windmilling basketball player...who wants to step up first?
      Yes indeed, It seems Hearn wants a "focused" Wilder focused only on learning how to play the game of basketball at this late stage of life(lol), like Wilder did with boxing, so that the bodybuilder AJ won't know what it feel like to have a dumbbell like punch upside his head......I'm convinced Hearn is more involved in upping the quantity of his pot of gold than he is with putting his prized possession in the ring with The Stick!

AJ doesnt want it now and probably won't want it for a while, but with 4 belts he should not have that luxury - at all. He's now considered the best of the best, with his "mandatory" outlook needing to be on fighting the very best.....AJ is always harping on his sport needing to be compared to car racing, golf, tennis, soccer etc., but those sports DO NOT have the best avoiding the best over fodder obligations (that arent real obligations). Other "sports" know that great prime competition is the name of the game and is the ONLY thing focused on and brought to the public....

Comment

• Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
        So I have a simple question. Why would Hearn/Joshua give Parker 35% but then turn around and only give Wilder a flat rate of $12Million if Joshua is not ducking?
        35% doesn’t alway = more.

Comment

• Is Wilder really that thick......take the fight 5/6 times more than ever before and show Joshua why you think he's scared.Win the fight your laughing ,lose you've had a bumper pay day.

I'm beginning to think that it's Wilder who is doubting here.All's this mug does is shout bombsquad and talk bollocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            You left out the answer to question 3. Which is critical to a discussion of the offer. Also, Parker received a reported $13M+.

Also, Joshua stands to make a heft wedge more than what he usually brings in. No one is asking Joshua to take a pay cut to facilitate Wilder's purse.
            To answer your third question - does sound a bit sheet when you put it like that

But I guess they have factored that in the 12.5 million he would be receiving.

We have no idea how much Parker took away from that fight . I doubt it would be much more than 12.5 if at all

Comment

• Wilder honestly has no one to blame but himself.
              If he had upped his game and took the big fights earlier in his career and won he would be in the drivers seat.
              Instead he didn’t face Wladimir and he insisted on putting in fights in AlAbama instead of Las Vegas.
              He should seriously consider firing his managers and getting with Golden Girls or Too Stank.
              As ridiculous as Oscar is he knows how to inflate a fighter.
              Like how he did wilt Clenelo.

Comment

• See? This is why I don't like Wilder. He talks all of this shit about wanting Joshua so bad- He's going to beat his ass, take his belts, be the best HW ever, past or present. So when AJ's people make Wilder an offer, he says Joshua is scared?

It's like Wilder is saying, "I'm coming to your house, AJ. I'm going to whip your ass, take your belts, your fame & your soul, because I'm the best! Now, how much are you willing to pay me to come do those things? $12.5 mill? Oh, you scared!"
                Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 04-11-2018, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Hell No don't sign that bull$h**!!! Hell why do that? So Joshua can get KO'd and still bank close to 70 million and retire from the sport?? This fight is estimated to bring 80-100 million dollars and Wilder is only getting 12!!! No way let AJ get his 15 million fighting Povetkin!! 65-35 should be the split or even 33% like Parker got!! That offer is less than 20%!!! Wilder needs to keep doing his own thing he'll just be securing Joshua's retirement fund by accepting that crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                    Wilder honestly has no one to blame but himself.
                    If he had upped his game and took the big fights earlier in his career and won he would be in the drivers seat.
                    Instead he didn’t face Wladimir and he insisted on putting in fights in AlAbama instead of Las Vegas.
                    He should seriously consider firing his managers and getting with Golden Girls or Too Stank.
                    As ridiculous as Oscar is he knows how to inflate a fighter.
                    Like how he did wilt Clenelo.
                    Good point, he hasn't succeeded in doing anything to build the seat he wants to be in, but he had the time to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
                      Hell No don't sign that bull$h**!!! Hell why do that? So Joshua can get KO'd and still bank close to 70 million and retire from the sport?? This fight is estimated to bring 80-100 million dollars and Wilder is only getting 12!!! No way let AJ get his 15 million fighting Povetkin!! 65-35 should be the split or even 33% like Parker got!! That offer is less than 20%!!! Wilder needs to keep doing his own thing he'll just be securing Joshua's retirement fund by accepting that crap.
                      80-100 million isn't the purse. Its total income, which isn't guaranteed. Its a potential number being thrown around.
                      Last edited by Reverb; 04-11-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X