No announcement yet.

The Case For AJ/Wilder Being 50/50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Wlad also brought a lot of interest and money to the fight.
    Sure, it was the farewell azzwhooping for an aged fighter with diminished skills, speed & power. Of course all the Ukrainian immigrants in Germany were gonna watch.

So if an over the hill bag of fartz like Wlad gets 50/50, then the fighter who most fight fans see as the most dangerous heavy in the game right now should deserve it too.

That said, even as a USA/Wilder backer, if the deal went off at 60/40 I wouldn't be mad, cause in the end AJ will probably relinquish his belts faster than you can say Frank Bruno.

Comment

So how come Beyontay can't offer anything to Joshua/Hearn when he's backed by a more reputable network like Showtime, not to mention PBC?
      Why is Hearn the only promoter who can do the offering?
      If you can't answer this question, then it's an admission Beyontay is a virtual nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        Google trends?

Really?

This is the same thing that had Golovkin more popular worldwide than Canelo this past January, right?

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...-12#TIMESERIES

Meanwhile, after this google data, G did a PPV of about 130K buys while Canelo sold a million.

Google trends is garbage.

Thanks for proving my point.
        GGG vs Jacobs sold 170k on HBO PPV. Canelo vs Chavez Jr sold 1million. Canelo vs Golovkin sold 1.3million.

Comment

Completely agree.

AJ has no US numbers either.

So, why is AJ an A-side in a Vegas fight?

The answer is, he isn't.

The answer is, nobody is.

50/50 fight.
          If Wilder and AJ both have no numbers in US, why just not to fight in GB?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            YOU supposed to be making the case for Wilder getting 50/50. You've shown nothing to make a case.

Wilders highest purse is 1.5 mil. He isn't a draw.
            I made the case and very well.

Based on what was offered in the past and based on what each fighter has done.

You can't keep saying AJ is so popular in Britain and extrapolate that to mean worldwide.

Again, the most popular TV show in Britain is unknown outside of it...just like AJ.

This is the heavyweight championship of the world, not of England.

Comment

I made the case and very well.

Based on what was offered in the past and based on what each fighter has done.

You can't keep saying AJ is so popular in Britain and extrapolate that to mean worldwide.

Again, the most popular TV show in Britain is unknown outside of it...just like AJ.

This is the heavyweight championship of the world, not of England.
              You made no case which is why everyone disagrees with you.

All irrelevant. Purse Splits come down to how much money you bring in. Amir Khan is popular in Pakistan, but that's irrelevant in purse splits because it brings no money. Joshua is by far the bigger draw. Wilders highest purse is 1.5 mil. He should be happy with whatever Joshua gives him, it'll be more than he's ever earned.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                Sure, it was the farewell azzwhooping for an aged fighter with diminished skills, speed & power. Of course all the Ukrainian immigrants in Germany were gonna watch.

So if an over the hill bag of fartz like Wlad gets 50/50, then the fighter who most fight fans see as the most dangerous heavy in the game right now should deserve it too.

That said, even as a USA/Wilder backer, if the deal went off at 60/40 I wouldn't be mad, cause in the end AJ will probably relinquish his belts faster than you can say Frank Bruno.
                Most fans don't see Wilder as the most dangerous HW in the game. Most fans don't even know who the fuck Wilder is.

That last paragraph you wrote in just insane .. literally insane!

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
                  lmao koolkc107 is loaded with alts on this smh fck this
                  Not everyone on here is an alt. Get a grip on yourself. Some of us actually work for a living and still provide support to the guys we like, e.g., Wilder. You can run my IP address, user name, etc. It is the same person.... no one on here is worth changing an account for.

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post

Fighters don’t get better splits because of who is more dangerous..... if anything dangerous opponents don’t get handouts and get stiffed sometimes, they often have to take what they are given knowing the rewards will come AFTER winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      You made no case which is why everyone disagrees with you.

All irrelevant. Purse Splits come down to how much money you bring in. Amir Khan is popular in Pakistan, but that's irrelevant in purse splits because it brings no money. Joshua is by far the bigger draw. Wilders highest purse is 1.5 mil. He should be happy with whatever Joshua gives him, it'll be more than he's ever earned.
                      I don't know about everyone but I am sure AJ fanboys do.

That's expected.

Pac's highest purse, Golovkin's highest purse, McGregor's highest purse...none of that is relevant when it's the biggest fight that can be made and both men need each other.

And for this fight to happen, both men need each other.

Comment

Working...
                      X