The Case For AJ/Wilder Being 50/50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    So nothing outside of the US matters??

This sort of reasoning is why Americans get laughed at.
    I didn't say that.

If you are going to say AJ is a worldwide star, you DO need to show me what he has done financially outside of Britain.

I can show you what Pac has done outside of the Phillipines.
    I can show you what Lennox Lewis did outside of Britain.
    I can show you what Canelo does outside of Mexico.

Show me what AJ has done outside of Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
      PPVs in the UK will always make less money than in the US. Thats a fact. AJ could sell a mi in the UK and its barely the equivalent of 500k in the US. Funny how the biggest PPV in the UK belongs to Floyd as well.
      You've got to sell PPV's in America to make more though. And Wilder can't.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
        PPVs in the UK will always make less money than in the US. Thats a fact. AJ could sell a mi in the UK and its barely the equivalent of 500k in the US. Funny how the biggest PPV in the UK belongs to Floyd as well.
        Because Floyd generates the most money in his fights????

you guys cant be serious man

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
          the thing aj fans love to point out- with decent enough reason- is what aj has made in some of his last few fights.

Aj made 8m pounds vs martin

aj made 15m pounds vs klitschko

aj made 10m pounds vs takam

(against guys like whyte, molina, and brazeale his purse were smaller, ranging from 1.5m to 3m pounds.)

the 3 big fights cited above are miles above and beyond anything wilder has made in any of his fights, they say, so deontay should not ask for a 50/50 split.

And that might actually make sense until you actually look at what his opponents got in those fights.

Martin made 6m pounds.

Wlad made 15m pounds.

Takam made 750,000 pounds.

Takam was a challenger taking the fight on 12 days notice. So he got a 90/10 split. The split for the fight with pulev was going to be 80/20, again quite reasonable for an a-side champion vs a not too well known challenger.

But martin, as an unknown champion asked to defend his title, got better than a 40% split (almost 43%).

Klitschko, a title-less aging former champ, got a 50/50 split.

Given this information, and given that aj vs wilder is the biggest fight that can be made in boxing, it is quite understandable why wilder is asking for 50/50.

And given what aj and hearns have paid in the past, wilder deserves it.

Martin, an unknown got near 45%.
          Wlad with no title and coming off a loss, got 50%.

Wilder, better known than martin and actually holding a belt unlike wlad, should at a minimum get what martin got no matter where the fight is. And truth is, he deserves the same deal as wlad. He is a longer reigning champion than aj is, and unlike even the klitschko fight, this fight if marketed the right way can do extremely well on american ppv.

This is why folks who claim wilder is pricing himself out of a fight actually have it backwards.

Offering another champion 20-35% is a clear sign that it is hearn who doesn't want the fight.

And you don't have to have an opinion about what is fair or who is a bigger star.

All you have to do is look at the track record of what was offered and received in other big fights and see if what is offered here in the biggest fight of all of them lines up comparably.

And the answer is, it doesn't.
          wheres wilder's numbers bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually, I think this is a great idea especially if the fight is in Vegas.

But, that's on Wilder's promoters to make that happen, I agree.

Not sure if Hearn would agree if he thinks hard about it tho.

The most AJ has grossed in Britain PPV is about 38M; Wilder would only need 500K US buys to better that.

Now think about it.

How many buys in the US do you think a showdown between 2 undefeated Heavyweight KO artists would get?
            Generally well said. I made a post about the same in another thread arguing more or less the same, although with an explanation of the range. Logic and objectivity is not in the AJ fans thought process.

Comment

I didn't say that.

If you are going to say AJ is a worldwide star, you DO need to show me what he has done financially outside of Britain.

I can show you what Pac has done outside of the Phillipines.
              I can show you what Lennox Lewis did outside of Britain.
              I can show you what Canelo does outside of Mexico.

Show me what AJ has done outside of Britain.
              Can you? Or can you only show what they did in America?

Typical dumb fat yank thinking America is the world.

Comment

And not one German bought the fight.

Listen, you don't want to start comparing the numbers when it comes to cable or non-payed viewership.

It isn't close, and it isn't the guy you think.
                That doesn't change a thing when your question was with regards to global appeal.

You realise that all these countries that aren't the UK still have to pay for the privilege to show the fight right? Even if it's only on non-payed viewership. Revenue doesn't just come from PPV.

You seem to be trying to argue that Wilder generates more interest and more cash than Joshua does... but the numbers do not facilitate your argument in any way. Whether the bulk of Joshua's cash comes from the UK is of little relevance because it's the whole pot that gets split.. ergo Joshua will get the bigger split.

Comment

WILDER CAN ASK 50-50 RIGHT??????????????????????????????
                  WITH 0 PPV.

jesus christ

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                    Generally well said. I made a post about the same in another thread arguing more or less the same, although with an explanation of the range. Logic and objectivity is not in the AJ fans thought process.
                    lmao koolkc107 is loaded with alts on this smh fck this

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      This!!

He needed Martins belt, when he had no belts of his own and Klitschko’s name on his resume to give him some legitimacy.

Wilder’s belt nor his name value justify anything close to 50-50 against 2017 Joshua. No one other than Fury will get anything remotely close to 50-50.

Joshua doesn’t need Wilder, Its Wilder that needs Joshua. AJ isn’t the one perceived as a coddled cherry picker by a large portion of the general public.

Time is not on Wilders side either so it’s no skin off AJ and Hearns bones.
                      Wlad also brought a lot of interest and money to the fight.

10.5 million people watched it live on a German satellite channel. That alone is about 10x as many viewers as Wilder gets on Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                      X