Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko a top ten ATG heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote Yes

he was one of the most dominant champions of all time

in no order

Ali
    Tyson
    Wlad
    Lewis
    Holyfield
    Holmes
    Foreman
    Louis
    Jack Johnson
    Sonny Liston

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
      What's the excuse for all of the other media, experts, analysts?
      The result of the poll here is more meaningful.

We're the fans who actually watch the sport, we're not the pretentious privileged oafs in the boxing media.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dayne View Post
        The result of the poll here is more meaningful.

We're the fans who actually watch the sport, we're not the pretentious privileged oafs in the boxing media.

Lol Ok, I definitely trust the views of the experts, analysts and boxing afficianados than fan boys.

Comment

Lol Ok, I definitely trust the views of the experts, analysts and boxing afficianados than fan boys.
          Most of us here at boxingscene are boxing aficionados (you spelled it wrong).

Jackasses like Teddy Atlas, Fat Dan Rafael and Max Kellerman are no more "experts" than most of the people here. They didn't receive their jobs due to ability, they were hired because of their connections.

Comment

To me these questions are always difficult, because are you simply going off or resume and what the guys accomplished or by how good they were and would stack up against those other guys. Because Rocky Marciano was an all time great, but he would obviously get laid the **** out by Wlad and any other legit HW's in this era. Ali, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, Frazier, Holmes, Wlad, Vitali and Bowe are what I consider the top 10 of the "modern" era HWs. Maybe you can sneak Norton in there somewhere as well.

If talking all time, insert Johnson, Louis, Marciano and Liston into the conversation.
            Last edited by BigZ44; 05-01-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Top 10 of all time? Nah. He was very good though. Beat a ton of undefeated young fighters, and rebuilt himself and came back a more effective (not more exciting) fighter. I'm a fan and was proud of how he went out against Joshua. But an argument can be made that he isnt even the best fighter in his family let alone being a top 10 all time heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Dayne View Post
                Most of us here at boxingscene are boxing aficionados (you spelled it wrong).

Jackasses like Teddy Atlas, Fat Dan Rafael and Max Kellerman are no more "experts" than most of the people here. They didn't receive their jobs due to ability, they were hired because of their connections.

My list is on par with what the views are of the boxing historians and I am a boxing historian myself.

There are some knowledgeable posters on here, but wow, a bunch of fan boys.

I always look at things in perspective, with an objective and indifferent point of view.

So I definitely agree with the boxing historians.

We can definitely agree to disagree on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  Top 10 of all time? Nah. He was very good though. Beat a ton of undefeated young fighters, and rebuilt himself and came back a more effective (not more exciting) fighter. I'm a fan and was proud of how he went out against Joshua. But an argument can be made that he isnt even the best fighter in his family let alone being a top 10 all time heavyweight.

.....I agree

He's not a Top 10

Comment

My list is on par with what the views are of the boxing historians and I am a boxing historian myself.
                    Anybody can call himself a "boxing historian", but it doesn't really mean anything at all.

Comment

Yes

Klitscho
                      Tyson
                      Holyfield
                      Lewis
                      Ali
                      Foreman
                      Fury
                      Lewis
                      Vitali

Comment