Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko a top ten ATG heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexander of Macedon was Great, but if he went up against the modern Greek air force, His entire empire would be incenerated in less than an hour. Still there is no Greek in modern times as close to being as Great as Alex.

Is Wladimir great?...well He has always been "Better" than 90% of past Heavyweights, but now i think he finally cracked opened the door to actual Greatness

Comment

maybe

BoxRec (will use their information for this point) has the top 10 heavyweights as Ali, Joe Louis, Sam Langford, Evander Holyfield, Harry Willis, WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO, Jack Johnson, Ezzard Charles, Floyd Patterson, and Larry Holmes, in that order.

Personally, Gene Tunney, Lennox Lewis, and Vitali Klitschko are better heavyweights in my mind, and that's without really looking into things.

Still, even with that, finding a way to take Wladimir Klitschko out of the top 15 ATG heavyweights is pretty tough.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigbeast View Post
        Wladimir had just three good victories: He beat Chris Byrd, who destroyed Evander Holyfield; he beat Hasim Rahman, who KO'd Lennox Lewis; and he beat David Haye, who defeated the tallest world champion in history. And that's it.
        Not his fault he didnt have better opponents. He still held the titles for a long ass time you dont do that if you arent a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by i love boxing View Post
          He beat 0 hall of fame fighters

What are his top 10 wins?

Frazier beat a prime Ali

Marciano and Tyson both have Hall of famers on their resumes.

Klitschko had a long reign but who did he actually defeat?
          How could Klitschko have fought any hall of famers, when he was too busy defeating anyone who had aspirations of the boxing hall of fame? The fact that he not only reigned for 10 years, but so thoroughly dominated the division that no other fighter could emerge to make a name for themselves speaks volumes to how good he was. Give the man his respect, and stop faulting him for the circumstances of his time.

Ali
          Louis
          Holyfield
          Lewis
          Foreman
          W. Klitschko

Comment

I'd say 5-15 easy, top10 is arguable.

Comment

marciano is not top 10 lol

Comment

No he isn't

My top 10 Heavyweights of All Time

1. Muhammad Ali
                2. Joe Louis
                3. Rocky Marciano
                4. Jack Dempsey
                5. George Foreman
                6. Joe Frazier
                7. Larry Holmes
                8. Lennox Lewis
                9. Evander Holyfield
                10. Mike Tyson

Wladimir Klitschko and Vitali Klitschko are in my top 15, top 20
                Last edited by The Time; 05-01-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

among the truest sense of the hw div~
                  ali
                  holmes
                  lewis
                  holy
                  foreman
                  wlad
                  vit
                  tua
                  bowe
                  tyson

Comment

I respect Klitschko for his career achievements and longevity.

He is a great former champion and great boxer.

I guarantee you that the majority of the boxing media will not have Klitschko in their top 10.

I implore you to go online and look up or Google: Top 10 Heavyweights of All Time, look up Ring ****zine's top 10, Sports Illustrated, etc..... Neither Klitschko will be in the top 10 lists of greatest Heavyweights and I 100% agree with Ring ****zine, Sports Illustrated, etc.....because my list is somewhat similar

Top 15 and Top 20 yeah, But not Top 10
                    Last edited by The Time; 05-01-2017, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Harsh but Wlad loses points from me because he did not face arguably the best hw of his generation - his brother

Has to be at least top 15 and higher H2H

Comment

Working...
                      X