Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lot of interesting comments up there. I can see both sides of this, but when you look at the history, it looks like they're trying to add another year or two onto GGG's age before making the fight. Canelo gave up his belt not to fight a guy that he's naturally bigger than and has fought better opposition than. That's what people will remember. That's the answer in itself for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      -GGG becomes Canelo's mandatory at 160

-Canelo tells the boxing world that Mexicans don't F around and he'll fight GGG right there and then.

-Canelo vacates the belt and drops back down to 154

-Oscar says Canelo is not a true MW

-Canelo signs to take on Chavez Jr at 164

-Oscar tells GGG that if he takes a fight just one month after Canelo faces JCC Jr that he'll pull he offer for a fight in Sept

I think its quite obvious who's ducking who.
      Accurate recap but it was clear since day one that Oscar & Team Canelo were scared of Golovkin, so just let the Canelo fanboys believes their own lies...

"GGG becomes Canelo's mandatory at 160"
      Cotto ducked Golovkin and fought Canelo instead, the WBC prez said that the winner of Cotto/Canelo must fight Golovkin right after, we saw what happened...
      Last edited by BoxHec; 03-29-2017, 04:23 AM.

Comment

weak response which is another reason why this fight has been delayed. just hold some kind of press conference and call canelo a coward. make lil G do that himself. guarantee this fight happens in september

Comment

so tired of listening to de la holic's excuses

Comment

k2 should give golden girl promotions the finger and fight in june whether its against saunders or someone else, don't let oscar de la cokehead dictate when you can or can't fight.

Comment

Putting emotion and BS aside for a moment, let's think this through. 1) Assume that team Canelo and his team do not want to fight GGG and are looking to scuttle the fight. 2) GGG's folks have conceded that there is a $15 million plus on the table from GB. Question: Does it make sense to hold out for more money if Canelo's team is bound and determined to duck GGG? Answer: Yes if you can make more money fighting someone else; No, if you really believe Canelo is looking for ways to scuttle the fight! The smart move then is to sign the contract, take the $15 million plus small upside, beat the hell out of Canelo, thank your adoring fans, count your money and buy half the properties in Kazakhstan or some such thing.

Comment

Abel on point again. Looking forward to Golovkin unifying the division in June with Saunders. So bored with Oscar and GBP shenanigans. I'm sure even Canelo is embarrassed by the manipulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  that's your opinion but everything I said is a fact. You and all of triple b sides fans resort to name calling when you have no points to make. Has canelo not been in big fights as the a side and b side? Has he not fought in multiple weight classes and gave concessions to make fights happen? BBB has done none of this so how can you possibly continue to believe unabel Sanchez's bs when his fighter is constantly "not" making the big fights happen?

Comment

Is Dela Hoya drinking again??? Here we go Canelo's camp looking for another out for their carnival fighter. I really can't blame them they've been able to pull huge rating pushing Canelo's nationality while carefully cherry picking fights giving the easily led public the impression Alverez is great! Don't hear a lot of talk about the Mayweather fight the only real challenge Canelo has had with a past his prime Mayweather that took him to school. They'll drag this baloney out making crazy demands they know the champion won't even consider while father time ticks away. What they really want is for Golovkin to continue to age but keep winning then when he's way past his prime they'll pursue a big cash fight. I'd love to see Golovkin call their bluff but even if he did the fight would be delayed somehow, maybe a sparring injury for Canelo. I'm still hoping that a severely weight drained Chavez beats the tar out of Canelo and then see what excuses happen. I'll bet we'll hear how Canelo had a 106 degree fever the day of the bout and fought with a broken hand. What a phoney

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
                      Putting emotion and BS aside for a moment, let's think this through. 1) Assume that team Canelo and his team do not want to fight GGG and are looking to scuttle the fight. 2) GGG's folks have conceded that there is a $15 million plus on the table from GB. Question: Does it make sense to hold out for more money if Canelo's team is bound and determined to duck GGG? Answer: Yes if you can make more money fighting someone else; No, if you really believe Canelo is looking for ways to scuttle the fight! The smart move then is to sign the contract, take the $15 million plus small upside, beat the hell out of Canelo, thank your adoring fans, count your money and buy half the properties in Kazakhstan or some such thing.
                      1: Do you have a source for GGG's team having conceded that there's a 15M dollar offer on the table?
                      2: Are you aware that a contract may also include other Things than monetary issues such as options, rematch clause, rematch splits etc.? There could be several poison pills in that alledged 15M offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X