Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin should shame the devil and postpone his fight with Saunders after a Canelo fight. The WBO isn't going anywhere. It'll be interesting to see how Goldenboy responds.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      Golovkin should shame the devil and postpone his fight with Saunders after a Canelo fight. The WBO isn't going anywhere. It'll be interesting to see how Goldenboy responds.
      Can't work like that. The money for a fight in Kazakhstan is during this years Expo which kicks off on June 10th. If it ain't Saunders it'll be someone else I expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Can't work like that. The money for a fight in Kazakhstan is during this years Expo which kicks off on June 10th. If it ain't Saunders it'll be someone else I expect.
        Oh, well....perhaps next year (if ***** hasn't nuked the planet).

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
          I want to see what the next excuse is for not having the GGG-Canelo fight in November or something.
          Chupacabra mating season, can't fight in Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

golovkin, calling another fighter's " bluff "..... ?

good one

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post

I expect that too

Comment

Bottom line, Canelo is fighting Lemieux in September at a catch-weight to be determined (whatever weight GBP feels drains Lemieux sufficiently, probably 157).

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
                  Bottom line, Canelo is fighting Lemieux in September at a catch-weight to be determined (whatever weight GBP feels drains Lemieux sufficiently, probably 157).

SMH, sad thing is that what you say here sounds so much like what GBP would do. If they do actually do something like this, wow, I wouldn't have any words.

Comment

Yes Abel there are a lot of ways to turn down a fight and one is pricing yourself out just like you're fighter golovkin has.

These clowns in GGGs team are ruining his career instead of taking what was offered they try to milk every cent they can ***** i thought canelo was an easy fight for them, he's such an easy fight just take the offer which is more than he's ever made and beat canelo and become a star.

Fact is team ggg wants to cash out cuz they fear canelo would whoop there boy which ppl are finally realizing he will.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                      GGG had his chance to take the fight and he turned down an 8 figure payday.
                      Alternative: Canelo had the chance to take the fight with a 60% cut and turned it down.

Depends who you want to go hate on. Bottom line is they couldn't get to an agreement.

Golovkin exposed by Jacobs ? Why choose to view it that way ? Jacobs used a good gameplan to continually make Golovkin reset, so Golovkin couldn't finish in his usual way. That's credit to Jacobs for doing what no-one else has been able to do.

Canelo doesn't have Jacobs' foot movement, so can't fight the same way. That's not saying Canelo can't beat GGG, just that he would have to do it a different way - ie he can't take Jacobs' strategy and add to it.

Canelo is more standing his ground with fast combination counters. With Golovkins style, its hard not to see a Canelo fight ending up as a shoot-out. Jacobs stifled his own output to avoid a shoot-out (rightly or wrongly), but he had the footspeed to do that - Canelo doesn't.

Canelo has shown good speed and accuracy, and his power at weights under 160 has been enough. One question might be how effective his power is at the higher weights. We might get an idea vs Chavez. One possible outcome could be Canelo hitting Chavez all night for a clear points win, but otherwise no visible impact. That might be a clue to how Golovkin would react to his shots. If Canelo ices Chavez....might also be a clue that he could also ice Golovkin in a shooting match.

Jacobs stopped Golovkin launching a clean sustained attack on him. Golovkin will be able to get sustained attacks on Canelo but will be taking return fire - who blinks first. GBP knows all this, its a high risk fight for Canelo.
                      Last edited by angkag; 03-29-2017, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X