Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach Reacts To De La Hoya's Position on June Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    And what if Mayweather vs McGregor happens September 16th as it's been rumored to? Then what Oscar? I hope Mayweather vs McGregor does happen September 16th. I want to see what the next excuse is for not having the GGG-Canelo fight in November or something.
    you are an idiot, even if mcgregir and mayweather fight in sept... that wwe event won't move canelo and golden boy. Canelo owns that date clown

Comment

Canelo has been in big fights as the b side and a side and has fight in multiple weight classes and is almost 10 yrs younger than triple b... the only ones that hasn't done all this is triple b side and k2... don't buy unAbles bs

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
        Canelo has been in big fights as the b side and a side and has fight in multiple weight classes and is almost 10 yrs younger than triple b... the only ones that hasn't done all this is triple b side and k2... don't buy unAbles bs
        It's amazing how dense you are. Canela and fishnets have literally been coming up with excuse after excuse to avoid the fight. Canela is the most protected fighter I have ever seen in terms of resume and scorecards. Anybody who sides with canela on this matter is blinded by ******ity.

Comment

GGG had his chance to take the fight and he turned down an 8 figure payday. you snooze you lose. GGG was exposed by jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
            It's amazing how dense you are. Canela and fishnets have literally been coming up with excuse after excuse to avoid the fight. Canela is the most protected fighter I have ever seen in terms of resume and scorecards. Anybody who sides with canela on this matter is blinded by ******ity.
            that's your opinion but everything I said is a fact. You and all of triple b sides fans resort to name calling when you have no points to make. Has canelo not been in big fights as the a side and b side? Has he not fought in multiple weight classes and gave concessions to make fights happen? BBB has done none of this so how can you possibly continue to believe unabel Sanchez's bs when his fighter is constantly "not" making the big fights happen?

Comment

Goldenboy and Oscar are the ones throwing up the goal posts.

GGG is fine with fighting Canelo in Sept.

Oscar is saying they need 1 more month to promote as the reason to not make the fight.

Comment

Oh Canelo he's worked so hard for all of this! The nerve of Golovkin to want to fight!

Canelo has had the world handed to him, simply because he was a talented young Mexican fighter with red hair.

-After many subpar opponents, he gets his first title fight at 154, against the great Matthew Hatton. Who never once fought in the division. And they agreed to a 150 pound catch weight. That Canelo failed to make. No matter, Canelo wins decision, champion!

-After some soft title defenses, Canelo has his first real test as a pro - Austin Trout. Coming out of nowhere like an RKO off the turnbuckle, the WBC slides in and makes this fight open scoring​. Hey, we wouldn't want any funny business in this massive worldwide event, right? Of course not. No matter, all three judges have Canelo well ahead on points, even though it was a close fight and Canelo had the luxury of knowing he was well ahead.

-That one fight beating Austin Trout was enough to get him Money Mayweather, a fight that would sell 2.2 million PPV buys and earn Canelo a massive payday. But wait, what did Canelo do to deserve this fight? Mayweather, a champ in multiple weight classes, sold massive PPVs, an absolute legend. Under your own damn logic that you just used against Golovkin should apply here right? Uh oh, busted! Let's see how you backtrack out of this one!

From there, Canelo can fight ANYONE HE WANTS. He has that luxury. Angulo? Done. Lara? Done. Cotto? Done. Kirkland? Done. Khan? Done. Liam Smith? Done. Never has an opponent said, "you know what? I'm good. I'll pass on Canelo". Why? Because he's the Golden child. He's beatable and earns a lot of money. Golovkin, a man from kazakhstan, never had that luxury. He spent years in Germany trying to get the big names over there, guys like Felix Sturm, Geale, Murray, hell even Mundine. And he struggled getting those guys. Not because he wasn't good or that he didn't earn it, no because the undefeated Olympic medalist was viewed as high risk low reward. Even for the likes of Mundine.

Golovkin didn't have a built in Mexican fanbase, he had no fanbase whatsoever and what fans he has today he built from scratch, as they would say, he started from the bottom. I would argue what Golovkin has done, from kazakhstan to the Olympics to Germany to HBO headliner to American PPV is far more difficult than what Canelo had to do. If you're a good Mexican fighter, you have a fanbase. If you're a unique and charismatic Mexican fighter? Well that has all the ingredients to becoming a star. Look at Oscar before him. Canelo was a star the moment he started fighting. Thousands of people were watching him fight at 15 years of age and millions just shortly after that. By the time he fought someone with a pulse, he was already a legit star.

So please, spare us the bullshit about what Canelo has accomplished and what Golovkin hasn't for all of us know they've had drastically different paths to get here. As fight fans, the ONLY thing that should matter is that those two entirely different paths cross with each other very soon before it's too late. As if we need another great fight that is either made too late or not at all.
                Last edited by ИATAS; 03-29-2017, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                  -GGG becomes Canelo's mandatory at 160

-Canelo tells the boxing world that Mexicans don't F around and he'll fight GGG right there and then.

-Canelo vacates the belt and drops back down to 154

-Oscar says Canelo is not a true MW

-Canelo signs to take on Chavez Jr at 164

-Oscar tells GGG that if he takes a fight just one month after Canelo faces JCC Jr that he'll pull he offer for a fight in Sept

I think its quite obvious who's ducking who.

This ^

Couldn't have said it better myself

Comment

you are an idiot, even if mcgregir and mayweather fight in sept... that wwe event won't move canelo and golden boy. Canelo owns that date clown

You see this, no sense in me talking to kids, I've got no time for immaturity.
                    Last edited by The Time; 03-29-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Anyone still questioning who is ducking who in this fight is mental.

June to Sept not enough time to promote the fight

I respect that K2 dont talk about negotiations in media, but would love to hear from them more on this. Especially about the 15 mill offer and what stipulations were attached.

Comment

Working...
                      X