Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: They Said I Had No Chance, Should've at Least Been a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
    Jacobs a clear winner by 2 rounds. Only reason he lost was to keep the GGG-Canelo lucrative. In boxing terms Jacobs won.
    Was out thrown , out landed, jabbed to death, was put on his ass, visibly took more damage than GGG and GGG was the aggressor for almost the entire fight. Yet somehow Jacobs wins by two rounds. Jesus ****ing Christ people are delusional.

Danny fought a hell of a fight, but at best he could of got a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
      Jacobs a clear winner by 2 rounds. Only reason he lost was to keep the GGG-Canelo lucrative. In boxing terms Jacobs won.
      Thats your opinion. Here's Doug Fischer's:

'... It was a tactical bout, interesting to watch live but not as entertaining as I’d hoped it would be. I thought Jacobs fought the fight of his life and legitimately won anywhere from four to six rounds, but I do not think he did enough to beat Golovkin, who to my eyes was the ring master that night....'

I suspect Fischer has a better understanding of 'boxing terms' and how fights are scored than you or I do, so I'll go with Fischer's.

Comment

GGG fans are looking very defensive about GGG's "victory" .

Comment

it was close Danny and you fought very well but you did not win
          better fights are around the corner ...still do not understand judge trella for the 1stround even...IMO no such thing as an even round...

Comment

I think a draw what have been fair and there has to be a rematch because the outcome was so inclusive. It was a very close fight and whomever we had winning it, did not do so by a wide, dominating or decisive fashion.

In my judgement, whoever we thought won the fight only won it ever so slightly over their opponent by just a preponderance of the evidence. While I personally had Jacobs winning it, generally the fight could have gone either way.

Comment

Just cuz most said you had no chance and did better than expected does not earn you points. Winning rounds does and you just did not win enough of them. If he had not gone down in the 4th and were a little less cautous you may have earned yourself a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                Compubox is not always very accurate due to humans are involved and carry their own bias. Jacobs landed more and GGG was ineffective for the most part with his aggression. Jacobs was robbed because HBO has more lucrative fights to cash in on and Jacobs victory would upset the proverbial apple cart.
                So your official position is that the compubox operators were so biased toward GGG that they awarded him 56 punches more than Jacobs? Really?

Comment

Jacobs shut up a ton of the same people here who were calling him a cherry pick who then turned around and called him the winner of the fight simply because their prediction didn't come true. This was a one or two point fight but you can't win rounds where you hit less than you are hit, Jacobs earned a fan in me but no way did he win that fight, I could've made a case for a draw had he won the 12th but he didn't and there it ended. Anyone talking about Golovkin looking bad in this fight and old clearly is still underestimating the pedigree of fighter that is Jacobs, take away the Pirog fight and the usual suspects on here would've been on his d**k.

Comment

When Golovkin was asked about Jacobs skipping the IBF required same day weigh-in, he said he respected boxing and it was up to Jacobs to comment on it, because he wasn't going to.
                    I thought that answer showed Golovkin's class, in a sport that usually doesn't show too much.

Comment

It's funny, i've been saying all along Jacobs is an A-level fighter with A+ level power and speed. it's ridiculous how it's the dark faced GGG haters dragging their own brother's name through the mud. just lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X