Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: They Said I Had No Chance, Should've at Least Been a Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs opened up his world to some nice fights and paydays. He's 30 years old so he has some decent time left. I hope he doesnt owe any money for his cancer medical bills. That way he can collect some good money during the rest of his career.

Comment

115-112 Jacobs

if Canelo and Saunders don't want it.. then rematch

Comment

The knock down cost Jacobs the fight in a rematch I think both fighters need to go through Vada when someone doesn't want to take part then in my opinion I believe they are dirty. It would be like Floyd doing the test and Madaina refusing

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          What.. ggg controlled the fight with the jab the whole night it was close but Jacobs lost 5 out of the first 6 rounds plus the kd it was too much ground to make up.
          how.. he easily started 3-0.

and he also won 10, 11 & 12 to close strong.

115-112 Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
            how.. he easily started 3-0.

and he also won 10, 11 & 12 to close strong.

115-112 Jacobs.
            Care to explain how you had Jacobs winning the 12th? GGG outlanded him 31/67 compared to Jacobs 15/62. Any round that a fighter doubles his opponent's landed punches is a clear round to score.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Jacobs shut up a ton of the same people here who were calling him a cherry pick who then turned around and called him the winner of the fight simply because their prediction didn't come true. This was a one or two point fight but you can't win rounds where you hit less than you are hit, Jacobs earned a fan in me but no way did he win that fight, I could've made a case for a draw had he won the 12th but he didn't and there it ended. Anyone talking about Golovkin looking bad in this fight and old clearly is still underestimating the pedigree of fighter that is Jacobs, take away the Pirog fight and the usual suspects on here would've been on his d**k.
              exactly.. it was a close fight. so why you telling Jacobs to shut up because he felt he won. I thought he won the 12th. last ten seconds GGG was hurt with a hook and reached out for Danny's legs until bell rang. nobody caught it though. he won 10, 11 & 12. he won the fight.

you basically admit that had Danny won one more round you'd say it's a draw.. that's a close fight.

and the very first ones to bring up GGG being old was HBO doing damage control after the fight. why do that if GGG won so damn convincingly?

Jacobs won.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
                Care to explain how you had Jacobs winning the 12th? GGG outlanded him 31/67 compared to Jacobs 15/62. Any round that a fighter doubles his opponent's landed punches is a clear round to score.
                where you got those numbers from? Compubox is not accurate. that **** was invented to engage viewers at home not decide winners. judges dont look at those stats to score. watch the round in slow motion then check those numbers again. its flawed.

i gave Jacobs the 12th because he landed more meaningful punches and hurt GGG in the last ten seconds. GGG was smart and grabbed his legs.

Comment

Jacobs did put up a good fight, but he also used Balco juice master Victor Conte. He came in so heavy that he couldn't fight for the IBF belt & he declined to weigh-in on fight day. Bottom line, he came into the fight with a size & weight advantage yet STILL lost. He should have had a refund clause in his agreement with Conte.

http://www.******.com/489972-victor-...-fight-weight/ (ring)

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    I was very surprised that Golovkin didn't attack Jacobs body. Could be he had a game plan based on Danny's supposed weak chin, but Jacobs took those head shots better than anybody expected.

I think there will be a rematch, maybe late this year, if Canelo keeps stalling, maybe next year. Jacobs takes breaks in between fights and needs a long time to prepare, so he wouldn't be ready to go again this summer, even if GGG could fit him in.

A draw would have been fair, based on how I saw the fight as it happened, but the Compubox stats tell a different story. Whatever, it was a great fight, very tense and enthralling, and those are the kind of fights that scream out for rematches. I'd love to see them go again.
                    They studied Jacobs and know that he counters off the body very well, especially with the right uppercut, and GGG probably wouldn't be fast enough to get out of the way in time to avoid it, so it was smart of them to avoid over committing to the body.

Comment

Cheating DJ got knock down on his culo and lost . NEXT!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X