No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Gets Bruising Split Nod Over Dereck Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Had Chisora edging it but can't moan too much about the decision for this one I suppose.
    One things for sure though Dillian Whyte really is not anywhere near as good as he was being hyped up to be.
    Indeed. Chisora is arguably 4 or 5 years past his best. If we learned anything tonight it's that Dillian Whyte is definitely not a world level fighter.

Prime Chisora would have beaten him fairly easily i think. I thought he won anyway.

The thing with the HW division though, there's guys like Whyte and Chisora, and then top guys like Wlad, Fury etc and not much in-between to prepare you for the top guys, so Whyte will probably end up with a World title shot sooner or later. There's no way he beats any prime world level heavyweights.

Comment

Great fight & I can accept this decision or a draw but I had it 115-113 Chisora. FOTY candidate & best HW fight since Lewis/Klitschko & Rahman/Sanders. I'd like to see it again. Tough loss for Chisora. I thought he squeaked it out. Still a solid gatekeeper but that may have been his last chance.

Comment

Whyte won and countered well with letting Chisora press.No doubt Whyte won the fight and came strong later rounds as well. both showed good chins and kept fighting. goes to show motivation will make great fights.

Comment

Amazing that there was no knockdowns.

Comment

great fight, i said del boy would suprise a few people in this fight. Top scrap

Comment

Had Chisora edging it...a draw at least.

Comment

Chisora by 2 rounds. He hurt whyte and had him hurt. Whyte is a fool. Talks the **** cant backup. Chisora can hold his head up high. Whyte got gift decision. Hearns got his man the win. Should have been chisora win or a draw so they could get it on again.
                No way whyte gna survive any of the top dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
                  Amazing that there was no knockdowns.
                  Right, also Whyte only gave Chisora 2-3 rounds at most and doesnt even consider it a S/D

Comment

One helluva fight. I had Chisora by a few rounds, felt he hurt Whyte several times and even tho he was gassed by the middle rounds he kept coming forward. His body attack seemed to sap Whyte and hurt him. I thought he should have been credited for a knockdown in the 12th, when Dillian had the ropes holding him up from a punch. Always loved Del Boy and how he brings War (until he gasses and brings a tired war). Hope he gets a rematch, always enjoy when I can see him fight.

Comment

Originally posted by maddad2001 View Post
                      Why did Terry o connor (fat/old) step in when whyte was being held up by ropes in 12th. Looked like a standing count should of happened. besides whenever whyte was rocked he turnt his back, should of allowed chisora to continue punching.

Bit like when he reffed clev v kolarev and he walked clev back to stall mid fight and didnt give a count lol....
                      Both guys slipped. I thought he did a great job. Stayed out of the way. Let them fight inside & he even gave both guys an extra breather after rounds by get a minute amount of water mopped up & the other was him pulling up whyte's trunks. Both guys were clearly gassed at those points i actually thought that was a great move because he knew he was witnessing a great fight. At the final bell he was the first guy clapping after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X