No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte Gets Bruising Split Nod Over Dereck Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
    Good scrap. This was all about matchups - it didn't matter that they are domestic level guys, they were evenly matched and it produced a good fight accordingly.
    Exactly. This fight wasn't about levels it was just 2 closely matched men punching each other to a standstill. Well done both. Great fight

Comment

That was the best heavyweight fight I've seen in a long long time. Boxing really needed that. I would love to see a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        Both guys slipped. I thought he did a great job. Stayed out of the way. Let them fight inside & he even gave both guys an extra breather after rounds by get a minute amount of water mopped up & the other was him pulling up whyte's trunks. Both guys were clearly gassed at those points i actually thought that was a great move because he knew he was witnessing a great fight. At the final bell he was the first guy clapping after the fight.
        I agree. He did an excellent job. It was Frank Cappuccinoish. Ha. Stay out of it and let them work.

Comment

There wasn't much for the referee to do, fight was suprisingly clean. Apart from the after the bell shots in like the 9th

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Whyte won and countered well with letting Chisora press.No doubt Whyte won the fight and came strong later rounds as well. both showed good chins and kept fighting. goes to show motivation will make great fights.
            No doubt Whyte won? Are you for real? It was close as hell and Whyte just barely won. I had it 7-5 Chisora but it could've gone either way so the decision was respectable.
            Also, being motivated CAN make great fights but by no means whatsoever does it guarantee great fights. Lots of fighters are motivated and by many different things. Most of the motivation is money while some of it is pride, legacy, respect, revenge, etc etc. Regardless, motivation means nothing unless it enhances your performance in the ring. Lots of fighters were motivated to beat Mayweather but most of those fights were lackluster and forgettable.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBenn View Post
              Right, also Whyte only gave Chisora 2-3 rounds at most and doesnt even consider it a S/D
              Are you surprised? Whyte is blinded by his huge ego. He's lucky to have got the nod.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Both guys slipped. I thought he did a great job. Stayed out of the way. Let them fight inside & he even gave both guys an extra breather after rounds by get a minute amount of water mopped up & the other was him pulling up whyte's trunks. Both guys were clearly gassed at those points i actually thought that was a great move because he knew he was witnessing a great fight. At the final bell he was the first guy clapping after the fight.
                I typically find Terry O'Connor to be a poor ref and even worse judge but I have to agree that he handled the fight quite well. It was a fantastic fight that should be considered a modern classic in a heavyweight era that has so few shining moments.

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                  I typically find Terry O'Connor to be a poor ref and even worse judge but I have to agree that he handled the fight quite well. It was a fantastic fight that should be considered a modern classic in a heavyweight era that has so few shining moments.
                  I too find terry o' Connor for the most part being a terrible ref & judge. I often find him stopping fights too early in favor of the local fighter or he is completely blind judging but on this night he did an outstanding job. I hope to see more of that out of him.

Comment

Whyte is still the same guy.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Whyte is still the same guy.......
                      Yea his doppleganger hasn't got to him yet …..yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X