Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We Never Rejected 168 For Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally think they're both telling half truths to make themselves look good, but I have a very hard time believing that someone who moved up to face Kovalev is afraid to fight a middleweight. That's just not plausible. I think GGG would be better off in the future if he told Abel and K2 to STFU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      And how much did he get fighting Chavez, Froch, Canelo, & Cotto? Ward got the same fighting Kovalev as GGG got fighting Brook. Ward-
      I'm not sayin I agree with it... I'm just sayin all the fights mention would've had a fair bit of money involved,,, at the the time there would've been no money in golovkin/ward fight.... a golovkin ward fight ****s all over the fights mentioned....i honestly congratulate ward for getting his payday he obviously negotiated really well..why can't ppl just cut the bandwagon bull**** and see things for what they really are?
      Last edited by Scary_canary; 11-29-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
        I personally think they're both telling half truths to make themselves look good, but I have a very hard time believing that someone who moved up to face Kovalev is afraid to fight a middleweight. That's just not plausible. I think GGG would be better off in the future if he told Abel and K2 to STFU.
        Truth right here

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          The Plan B was obviously mandatory Tureano Johnson. Then they Saunders, Eubank, before Brook stepped up trying to one-up Khan.

But just skim the facts.
          Plan A was Canelo. That fell thru. Wade and Brook happened. As a matter of fact what was their Plan B in case Eubank Jr fight fell thru?

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            Fair enough hadn' seen that quote. Thanks.
            You're welcome!

Comment

Plan A was Canelo. That fell thru. Wade and Brook happened. As a matter of fact what was their Plan B in case Eubank Jr fight fell thru?
              I mean, this has already been explained, you just like to troll though I guess. And Hearns moved straight to Brook after Eubank and Leoffler didn't get a chance to look at others, but he did mention that they were willing to take Degale.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                The fight didn't even get to negotiations yet you tools are talking about rejecting sht.

Cotto and Ward are both promoted by Roc Nation, what you need to ask yourself is why Ward's side sent their offer after Golovkin-Lemiuex was announced knowing full well Golovkin would exercise his rights as mandatory challenger to the Cotto-Alvarez winner which is a much bigger fight.

Ward to me just seems like he was hurt that he had to turn Golovkin down in 2013 and that's why he makes these "offers" when the fight obviously won't happen. Just like sending offers to HBO while in his contractual dispute when he couldn't even fight, just like sending an offer when Golovkin has been locked into a chase for Cotto/Alvarez. I now think he knew he couldn't make 168 anymore, but was trying to save face, but that's just a theory.
                Your theory would be validated if you had, like I do, a link to someone from Roc Nation stating (in 2013 as you stated) that K2 sent Ward an offer to fight at 168. Maybe it would be validated if you had, like I do, a link to someone at HBO stating that GGG said he was ready to fight Ward, but he turned it down! What we do have is Ward resolving his dispute with Goosen, and then Loeffler admitting he received the offer, and then rejected it! An offer was sent to Loeffler, it did not interfere with the Lemieux fight, and it was rejected in 36 minutes! Loeffler's statement that they never rejected Ward at 168, is totally false!

Comment

• I wouldn't want to see this fight tbh. On paper, it will be a boring fight. This fight has more racial interest than actual action in the ring.

Comment

Based off of what fight? Brook? Lemiuex? Geale? You do realize you watched the two best fighters in the world face each other?
                    I do realize that since I've been following boxing for over 4 decades. I think Golovkin would handle Ward. Just my opinion based on what I've seen of both of them, not that anybody has seen Ward fight much over the last 5 years. I would agree with you that Ward is one of the best in the business. Still that has nothing to do with my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Your theory would be validated if you had, like I do, a link to someone from Roc Nation stating (in 2013 as you stated) that K2 sent Ward an offer to fight at 168. Maybe it would be validated if you had, like I do, a link to someone at HBO stating that GGG said he was ready to fight Ward, but he turned it down! What we do have is Ward resolving his dispute with Goosen, and then Loeffler admitting he received the offer, and then rejected it! An offer was sent to Loeffler, it did not interfere with the Lemieux fight, and it was rejected in 36 minutes! Loeffler's statement that they never rejected Ward at 168, is totally false!
                      Holy crap you're ******ed. The fight wasn't sensible. Loeffler turned down the offer to fight Ward because by then they had a contractual mandatory for the Canelo-Cotto winner after Lemiuex (this has been said millions of times at this point).

How could one fault them there? Again, turning down the fight all together is not turning down the terms. Also if what Golovkin and Loeffler were saying about Ward turning down a fight in 2013 wasn't true then you best believe Ward would jump on that being the kind of person that he is. Also Roc Nation wasn't with Ward in 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X