Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We Never Rejected 168 For Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny because his fans say otherwise, AND blame Ward for not taking it. Then had the nerve to say obligations for 2016 like you couldn't have had those fights in the meantime or as if they were garaunteed. And as far as his statement of not being able to know Canelo would vacate and Saunders wouldn't take the offer, Didn't Able say they knew this would happen? Oh yeah and if your fighter is as feared and avoided as you say shouldn't BJS passing him up been predictable?

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I'm just gonna say Ward is a pathological liar.

I've often spoken about the whole Ward/Bute and Ward/Froch II situation and how Ward got embarrassed (inadvertently) by Sky when he was talking about how Froch didn't call him out for a rematch...just minutes after Sky showed a video of Froch doing exactly that. I think this was just before or after the Bute fight.

Up until that point, I defended Ward for taking some time out to not fight Bute because word was thet a Froch/Ward rematch would be very lucrative and if Froch came through Bute, then it was on. If not, then we'd get Bute v Ward anyway.

sure he is.....

#anyonefrom154-168doe
      #businessmandoe

Golovkin Would Fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154.....
      http://thaboxingvoice.com/golovkin-a...4/15398?var=no

you are full-of-it

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      After Ward's bs in that interview I realised he didn't want any more tough fights. I was right, he wouldn't fight a tough opponent for half a decade.

Ward said he would fight Bute if Lucian beat 1 top opponent

JUST ONE !

1) Bute got folded like a cheap deck-chair

2) You have no right whatsoever to insinuate - or even assume - that Ward would have ducked that hypejob Bute had he beaten Froch

3) you're dreaming if you think that Bute could beat Ward

4) Ward just fought Kovalev, and will likely fight Stevenson after the rematch..... making your assumption look pretty stupid

What a load of rubbish, lil'G ducked Ward and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        The fight didn't even get to negotiations yet you tools are talking about rejecting sht.

Cotto and Ward are both promoted by Roc Nation, what you need to ask yourself is why Ward's side sent their offer after Golovkin-Lemiuex was announced knowing full well Golovkin would exercise his rights as mandatory challenger to the Cotto-Alvarez winner which is a much bigger fight.

Ward to me just seems like he was hurt that he had to turn Golovkin down in 2013 and that's why he makes these "offers" when the fight obviously won't happen. Just like sending offers to HBO while in his contractual dispute when he couldn't even fight, just like sending an offer when Golovkin has been locked into a chase for Cotto/Alvarez. I now think he knew he couldn't make 168 anymore, but was trying to save face, but that's just a theory.

The promise:

The truth:
        Ward, 164 or No Fight.....
        http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...o-fight--93850

you dumb ****s got played, and you don't even have enough self-respect to admit it

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          The promise:

The truth:
          Ward, 164 or No Fight.....
          http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkins...o-fight--93850

you dumb ****s got played, and you don't even have enough self-respect to admit it
          Don't quote me troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            and at one point Floyd told Manny $40 million. So what? Its called NEGOTIATING. There is a starting point (164), and then there is whatever you end up with. In this case it never went anywhere.

On what planet would it have made sense to start the conversation at 168? Then Ward wants 172. I swear it seems as most people here have never negotiated a single deal in their entire lives. They have no concept of how it works......

Hint: A successful negotiator does not concede every point to the opposition at the beginning of any talks
            This is the route you take? An argument about weight negotiations while having pictures on your profile ridiculing Canelo for not budging on 155 to ggg? If weight negotiations were so important why concede them off the top to Chavez and Froch? Why was weight not a factor for anyone else or when he put 154-168 on notice? For a man/team who scream no one wants to fight thats good, why put up every roadblock possible to keep away the good fighter who wants to get in the ring with your guy?

Do you believe fighters can price themselves out of a fight that they don't want or is that just negotiating too? Speaking of going out of bounds in a negotiation......

Hint: The thing about negotiating Mr Business Man, is you have to come from a rational stand point. If you start way out of the realm of reasonableness no one is going to waste time negotiating with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graz View Post
              I do realize that since I've been following boxing for over 4 decades. I think Golovkin would handle Ward. Just my opinion based on what I've seen of both of them, not that anybody has seen Ward fight much over the last 5 years. I would agree with you that Ward is one of the best in the business. Still that has nothing to do with my opinion.

only a small handful of Golovkin fans think he could beat Ward

that was a waste of 40 years

just saying

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                Funny because his fans say otherwise, AND blame Ward for not taking it. Then had the nerve to say obligations for 2016 like you couldn't have had those fights in the meantime or as if they were garaunteed. And as far as his statement of not being able to know Canelo would vacate and Saunders wouldn't take the offer, Didn't Able say they knew this would happen? Oh yeah and if your fighter is as feared and avoided as you say shouldn't BJS passing him up been predictable?

this is not a tangled web of lies and deceit

this is buffoonery, supported by idiots

Comment

• Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                  Nowhere in my post does it say a woman will be faithful to you one day or that you have a brain
                  No but you did post that Ward officially ducked g string and that Ward got beat down by Kovalev. Both (as noted) are complete lies.

Comment

• I think its official now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Don't quote me troll.

then talk **** elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                      X