Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    Then we're good......................
    We're good on the all in too? You seem extremely confident the fight doesn't happen at all. Which I'm also extremely confident about myself except the opposite way.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      In the last 3 years, Golovkin has KO'd 6 top 10 ranked fighters and picked up 3 world title belts, while Ward has had 2 tune-up fights against hand picked opponents.

Just think about that for a while.
      Not sure why you and several others continue to try and force Golovkin to Ward comparisons. It doesn't make Golovkin's resume or place in history any better nor does it take away from Ward. Neither fighter is perfect and anyone with legit boxing knowledge could poke holes in their fight history. The rankings for some boxing organizations are crap and failure to acknowledge that makes your argument weak. Before Golovkin it was about WHO you beat not this ranking bull crap. I like Golovkin, he brings excitement, but he doesn't get the mantle until he fights another legit MW. Murray was his last. That or he moves up to 168. As for Ward, he is on track to fight Kovalev. If he fights and wins, he gets the mantle. Until then, the comparisons and other mess should just stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Barerra was NOT one of the best prospects at LHW before he fought Ward. He was ranked lower at LHW than Wade was at MW.
        Another forced and silly Golovkin comparison. The guy said prospect. When did we start expecting prospects to be highly ranked? The whole premise of calling someone a prospect is to indicate that they are an up and comer. Not that they are already established. Plus comparing rankings across divisions AND boxing organizations is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          We're good on the all in too? You seem extremely confident the fight doesn't happen at all. Which I'm also extremely confident about myself except the opposite way.
          All in? Nah: 5 quint... That it doesn't happen in 2016 ("No contest" included)...

Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
            No experience cuban? First of all, Barrera got pretty solid amateur background behind his back. Second, he looked way better against Ward than experienced boxers like Dawson or Froch. He's a good boxer and he was one of the best prospects in light heavyweight division before that fight. Don't make it sound like Barrera was a complete bum

I agree with the rest of your message and who the **** is Alexander Brand?
            Barrera was a prospect, that's exactly what I'm labeling him. A supposed p4p top 10 guy shouldn't be fighting prospects. The fact that he landed so much on Ward tells us more about Ward than it does Barrera.

Also, please refrain from comparing that no name Cuban to Froch and even Dawson.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              good god, some moron is arguing that lil'Gs record is better than Ward's LMAO righto genius, Golovkin is a great fighter for beating Martin Murray and Pepe Le Pew hahah

I'm guessing that you must be a pacfan, right?
              Quote where I said this and I'll pay you a hundred quid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                Not sure why you and several others continue to try and force Golovkin to Ward comparisons.
                You're new here, yeah?
                Last edited by kafkod; 06-22-2016, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  I honestly believe that Ward finds a way to put off fighting Kovalev until next year. Some kind of injury or promoter BS. Watch.
                  And why would he do that?? What's the benefit. He already signed to fight him why delay? If it was me I would want to get it over with. If he wins star power immediately quadruples and the money commences to rain upon him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    He's scared dude.

He's afraid Ward will beat Kovalev...and rightfully so.
                    thats where all the " he will pull out with an injury"

crap is coming from.....deep down they are a nervous that Kovalev may not win.....you dont hear Ward fans or rational Kovalev fans saying stuff like this

they are just happy the fight is signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      And why would he do that?? What's the benefit. He already signed to fight him why delay? If it was me I would want to get it over with. If he wins star power immediately quadruples and the money commences to rain upon him.
                      he hopes the fight doesnt happen so he could have something to criticize Ward about.....I see right through fools like subzeroed and company

Comment

Working...
                      X