Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look for Ward to get "injured" and pull out of the Kovalev match.

Comment

• Horrible fight but Kovalev is next so whatever

Comment

• Roc Nation need to talk to HBO about showcasing its other fighters on the undercard

http://throneboxing.com/fighters/

^^Roc Nation roster

Comment

• Ward, the world's greatest vilain

he is making fun of fans
          he pretends to be a God's offspring
          there isn't already one?
          finds amazingly irrelevant partners
          what brand is brand?
          Gets paid very well for nothing
          Will never match the “Crusher”
          And pounds the pound high
          I admire the fellow
          Long live the Oakland grappler

Comment

• Look for Ward to get "injured" and pull out of the Kovalev match.
            I could be wrong but when I read the comments of Ward detractors, it almost seems as though you're all hoping the Kov fight doesn't happen for some reason.

Don't you want the fight to take place in order to see Ward lose?

Comment

• Cmon guys Brand is coming off a great win vs Medzhid Bektemirov! This is gonna be one hell of a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I thought we already confirmed this in the original fantasy betting thread? If not yea I'll go 5 quint.

Hell I'll go all in on this fight happening at some point, which you claim it won't, as long as if either guy dies before 2018 it's a push.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this fight is happening my only concerns are with an injury pushing back a Nov. 19 fight to the first quarter of 2017 or either guy takes for granted there next guy and gets shockingly upset. Basically both guys want the fight and barring HBO deciding the fight is no longer appealing to them it's happening.
                Then we're good......................

Comment

• Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  No experience cuban? First of all, Barrera got pretty solid amateur background behind his back. Second, he looked way better against Ward than experienced boxers like Dawson or Froch. He's a good boxer and he was one of the best prospects in light heavyweight division before that fight. Don't make it sound like Barrera was a complete bum

I agree with the rest of your message and who the **** is Alexander Brand?
                  Barerra was NOT one of the best prospects at LHW before he fought Ward. He was ranked lower at LHW than Wade was at MW.

And why are you comparing Froch with Dawson vs Ward?

Dawson got decked multple times and KO'd. Froch lost a close points decision, was never hurt once, and won the last 2 rounds on all the judges scorecards.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Ward has beaten world-class opponents, he has proven that he is elite.

Hypekin has NOT, he actually did the opposite..... he has walked away from the opportunity 2-or-3 times.

Grown men do not like being lied to, you will understand one day.

I will go with the proven vet, over the unproven hypejob.
                    Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                    P4P rankings have always been based on recent activity. And all Ward has done to warrant his spot is fight tune-ups. That's hard to ignore. Remember now: recent fights. And those rankings change according to who you fought & the result. According to Ward's last 3 fights, he shouldn't be ranked so high.
                    In the last 3 years, Golovkin has KO'd 6 top 10 ranked fighters and picked up 3 world title belts, while Ward has had 2 tune-up fights against hand picked opponents.

Just think about that for a while.

Comment

• ... "The Ward-Brand fight is not official, but the terms have been agreed upon by both fighters. The contracts are expected to be signed this week. The Ward vs. Brand fight will be televised on HBO Boxing. It’s unknown why Ward chose to fight a super middleweight rather than a light heavyweight for this fight."

Comment

Working...
                      X