Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward wanted to fight that bum last year and now he finally got him, 40 year old wild swinging 168 pounder who did not beat one known fighter. Hurrah for Ward.

Comment

• Ward wanted to fight that bum last year and now he finally got him, 40 year old wild swinging 168 pounder who did not beat one known fighter. Hurrah for Ward.
      Not a world beater but it's better than Ward sitting on the shelf until the Kov fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Not a world beater but it's better than Ward sitting on the shelf until the Kov fight.
        Ward to greedy to pay a legit opponent, rather fights this cheap bum than get someone decent.

I will not be shocked if Ward comes up with a fake injury or other excuses to duck Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          Ward to greedy to pay a legit opponent, rather fights this cheap bum than get someone decent.

I will not be shocked if Ward comes up with a fake injury or other excuses to duck Kovalev.
          It's not all on Ward. HBO isnt exactly giving out moeny for these fights. and if Ward is putting up 300 to 500k for these guys and they are turning it down what is he supposed to do? Those are good paydays for guys who usually get 100k or so.

Comment

• Ward to greedy to pay a legit opponent, rather fights this cheap bum than get someone decent.

Ward has contributed money to make fights happen in the past. Not sure why he couldn't come to terms with the people mentioned by Hunter. It's no secret fighters are asking for more than their career high to fight Ward because they know he's in a bind. He could feel like he's being extorted or maybe his tumultuous relationship with HBO has something to do with him refusing to kick in this time.

I doubt Ward will purposely miss his first opportunity to fight on PPV. Despite what his detractors say, according to Duva he seems to genuinely want to fight Kov.

Comment

Ward wanted to fight that bum last year and now he finally got him, 40 year old wild swinging 168 pounder who did not beat one known fighter. Hurrah for Ward.
              Brand is better than Dominic Wade.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                I agree wholeheartedly, Ward needs fight night rounds to get back into the grove of things mentally and physically. People complain about his current opponent but fail to realize that Kov is a special fighter. There is no one Ward can fight to simulate what Kov brings to the table. All he can do is fine tune his own skill set at this point.

People should stop whining and hope that neither get hurt in their upcoming fights......

thats what I've been saying, Ward just needs to be sharp

Fonfara would have been perfect, but yea

Comment

you just think like a girl, that's your b1tchness coming out

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    you just think like a girl, that's your b1tchness coming out

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                      Wasn't he considered before. I don't profess to know much of Murdock but I really dont see that guy putting up any bigger challenge than Pasquale. But I guess your saying that he is better than brand. We already know Pasquale got murdered by kov. Kov murders brand and Murdock. So not sure either is better than the order in preparing Ward for kov
                      Who is kovalev fighting that will prepare him for Ward??

Comment

Working...
                      X