No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
    Another Andre Ward mismatch. If he doesn't fight Kovalev in November, he deserves even more flak than Canelo is getting. I hope that fan base doesn't make excuses for him if he ducks after all these tuneups.
    I'll lead the crusade against him. It will show you and others "that" fan base is founded on realism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      I'm not racist at all. I just tell it how it is you sensitive twat. Four tune ups, no excuses. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR fucking tune ups. This is the guy you dudes put on a pedestal as the #1 P4P. Yet I'm racist for being upset as a boxing fan? FOH!
      You're right. I never thought of it like that. Ward became an automatic top-3 p4p fighter over nothing but tune-ups. Hunh. Makes you wonder why Ward fans are so obsessed to insult GGG...

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Lol. Ward finally got his fight against Brand.

Preparing for #1 LHW in the world with the help of a 39 year old SMW. Niceeeeeee.
        Lol...well put.

Comment

• Lol. A little embarrassing but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
            Most of GGG's opponents were already put away by somebody else.

Save some of that hope that Kovalev doesn't get injured or cut...or even beaten.
            That's true, and this is the risk with stay-busy fights. ****, Fonfara just got beat by his stay-busy opponent, so it isn't impossible. I assume that Ward and Kovalev are too good for that to happen to them...
            Last edited by kiaba360; 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I thought we already confirmed this in the original fantasy betting thread? If not yea I'll go 5 quint.

Hell I'll go all in on this fight happening at some point, which you claim it won't, as long as if either guy dies before 2018 it's a push.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind this fight is happening my only concerns are with an injury pushing back a Nov. 19 fight to the first quarter of 2017 or either guy takes for granted there next guy and gets shockingly upset. Basically both guys want the fight and barring HBO deciding the fight is no longer appealing to them it's happening.

The reason why I don't jump on that ******'s bet if because he may be right.

The timeline is very close, that fight could get pushed back for a number of reasons.

If KOVALEV got injured, that whiney **** would still blame Ward and he will take your points.

The clown is fixated on the fight happening this year..... as-in before Dec 31st.

God knows why, who cares if it happens then, or Jan/Feb, even March..... who fkn cares.

That clown is making up new reasons to whine about nothing.

I guess it is easier for him to bash Ward over nothing, than it is for him to gloat about all of lilG's world-class wins.

I wouldn't take that pointless, irrelevant, bet..... just take his soul down the line when it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                You're right. I never thought of it like that. Ward became an automatic top-3 p4p fighter over nothing but tune-ups. Hunh. Makes you wonder why Ward fans are so obsessed to insult GGG...

Ward has beaten world-class opponents, he has proven that he is elite.

Hypekin has NOT, he actually did the opposite..... he has walked away from the opportunity 2-or-3 times.

Grown men do not like being lied to, you will understand one day.

I will go with the proven vet, over the unproven hypejob.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Ward has beaten world-class opponents, he has proven that he is elite.

Hypekin has NOT, he actually did the opposite..... he has walked away from the opportunity 2-or-3 times.

Grown men do not like being lied to, you will understand one day.

I will go with the proven vet, over the unproven hypejob.
                  P4P rankings have always been based on recent activity. And all Ward has done to warrant his spot is fight tune-ups. That's hard to ignore. Remember now: recent fights. And those rankings change according to who you fought & the result. According to Ward's last 3 fights, he shouldn't be ranked so high.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                    If Kovalev wasnt guaranteed to be next i'd **** all over this damn fight. Not sure how fighting a 39 year old super middleweight will help prepare him for Kovalev tho
                    u might be right but this is a pure tune up nothing else timing and footwork etc etc i agree tho. i dont personally mind it tho with everything considering ward for sure needs a tune up before fighting kov nothing wrong with it

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                      When he fought all of Mayweather's leftovers.
                      Hatton and DLH. So impressive.

Let's not forget Cotto with Mayweather after getting his shit pushed in by Pacquiao.

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                      Yup. GGG isn't perfect but his last 4 fights are better than Ward's.

Comment

Working...
                      X