Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Martin, he manned up but just isn't on the level of AJ.

Comment

he's probably the worst since 2000

Comment

Anyone remember valuev or bruce seldon

Comment

Both made successful defenses. So they are clearly better.

Comment

Originally posted by cashdon View Post
            Terrible money grab. He would've been better staying down after the 1st KD because that at least hit him more flush. That lack of effort to beat the count was truly deplorable. His purse should be withheld pending an investigation. He would still get his money but it would at least send a message to fighters.
            On another note, I know that it has happened before but the booing, whistling and chanting during the US national anthem really rubbed me the wrong way.
            Dont bother about that. Booing the opponents national anthem is a pastime here. It's all a bit of pantomime. The same booing would have occured during any foreign anthem.

Comment

**** off. Before the fight everyone was going on about how hes a slick southpaw. Many pros have tabbed him as legit. But because Joshua whooped him hes automatically a bum?

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                No his management team no he was ****e and brainwashed him into thinking he could win in England. The only way could beat Joshua is if he survived fire and Joshua gassed out.

If you're too ****** to not pick up the referee's count that isn't going to happen. How does a guy who had clear eyes and was laughing rise at 10? Shoot on the first knockdown he played with fire and rose on purpose at 9?

Martin the way he was talking leading up to the fight made him sound like he was a sharp as a butter knife.
                yea he shouldve got up quicker,
                wa too busy on his ar8e smiling about the payday he just got for 2 rounds worth of work lool

Comment

Got to admit i was ****** in by him, because he was very calm ahead of the fight i thought he would be jabbing his way in and tagging Joshua with the left etc.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Also, the way he "Won" the title on an injury was ridiculous. That should have been called a no-contest, but what can you do?
                    Why should it have been called a no contest? The rules are very clear about injuries that aren't caused by a foul. There was absolutely no basis for ruling that fight a no contest.

Unbelievable how many posters here know so little about boxing despite spending so much time posting about it . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      I stand by it as well...

We can blame the IBF for that.
                      What did the IBF do wrong? They ranked the best boxers willing to fight for the IBF. When the title became vacant, they offered the fight to the top ranked fighters in order until two of them said yes. Klitschko turned down the fight and when they got down to Martin, Martin said yes.

So what are we blaming the IBF for?

Comment

Working...
                      X