Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL I don't know but he won the title by freak accident so he didnt really prove he was the better fighter against Vyacheslav Glazkov

Comment

Originally posted by cashdon View Post
      Terrible money grab. He would've been better staying down after the 1st KD because that at least hit him more flush. That lack of effort to beat the count was truly deplorable. His purse should be withheld pending an investigation. He would still get his money but it would at least send a message to fighters.
      On another note, I know that it has happened before but the booing, whistling and chanting during the US national anthem really rubbed me the wrong way.
      The booing is supposed to rattle the fighter.

Makes then angry, makes them rash, makes them lunge in and make mistakes.

It works. Home town advantage.

Comment

cant be too harsh on the guy at least he took the risk to come and fight...

yea he got a big pay day but he couldve easily been comfortable fighting in the US

Comment

As an American boxing fan I never even heard of this guy until he fought Joshua.

I don't for the life of me understand how these guys can negotiate these kinds of deals. Martin is a complete nobody.

The boxing business is completely ******ed.

Comment

I think it's just rubbish sorry dude they could show a bit of class. You can remain quiet for a couple of minutes then proceed with the mostly drunken infused theatrics afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
              Yep he didn't even lose the belt in a barn burner and he won the belt by accident.

I seem to recall Homer Simpson winning the heavyweight belt in a similar fashion in the Simpsons.

I just hope Martin didn't start spending all the millions he would be making because he is back down to the level he was always at which is an ESPN level fighter.

Comment

Terrible money grab. He would've been better staying down after the 1st KD because that at least hit him more flush. That lack of effort to beat the count was truly deplorable. His purse should be withheld pending an investigation. He would still get his money but it would at least send a message to fighters.
                On another note, I know that it has happened before but the booing, whistling and chanting during the US national anthem really rubbed me the wrong way.
                Why should anyone care about a stupid national anthem?

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                  Why should anyone care about a stupid national anthem?
                  If Americans were going on like that when the UK national anthem was being played I'd say the same thing. I just thought it was tasteless. Sue me.

Comment

If Americans were going on like that when the UK national anthem was being played I'd say the same thing. I just thought it was tasteless. Sue me.
                    It's a song...Not a minute silence...I had on opinion on the same thing, sue me...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingfan101 View Post
                      cant be too harsh on the guy at least he took the risk to come and fight...

yea he got a big pay day but he couldve easily been comfortable fighting in the US
                      No his management team no he was ****e and brainwashed him into thinking he could win in England. The only way could beat Joshua is if he survived fire and Joshua gassed out.

If you're too stupid to not pick up the referee's count that isn't going to happen. How does a guy who had clear eyes and was laughing rise at 10? Shoot on the first knockdown he played with fire and rose on purpose at 9?

Martin the way he was talking leading up to the fight made him sound like he was a sharp as a butter knife.
                      Last edited by low blows; 04-10-2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X