Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think his entrance and all his talk pre-fight made it worse. Coming out in that royal crown and then royally bottling it and freezing under pressure. The way he was sitting on his arse on the canvas smiling after getting KD, then immediately throwing the same weak right and getting countered again.

I found the whole thing funny and surreal. I don't think I've ever seen a worse or more embarrassing performance from a HW champ? If any one can think of a champion that made more of an arse of himself I'm all ears/eyes....

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
      Both made successful defenses. So they are clearly better.
      Im pretty sure if they fought someone like AJ in their first defense they wouldn't have had any successful defenses either

Comment

Title reign is hilarious but I honestly still have no idea if Martin is any good at all.

Comment

I don't think winning a title and losing it in the next bout can be called a reign.

Comment

what about shannon briggs.... I think he should be in the discussion

Comment

I think we learned a lot more about Charles Martin than we did about Anthony Joshua last night.

Comment

He has like literally 0 skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Im pretty sure if they fought someone like AJ in their first defense they wouldn't have had any successful defenses either
                  Have you seen tapes of Martin? Guy was a complete bum. Slow, and fights like a complete amateur. Watch the man's fight against Glendy Hernandez. Pound for pound, he looked much less skilled than most 10 bout amateurs in that fight. It was truly pathetic. The man also got a draw earlier in his career against a 6ft guy with no knockouts, 6 wins and 14 losses for gods sake. The man is a joke. I can say with 100% confidence, as an 80 bout amateur, I am a much better fighter than Martin is p4p. That's how bad he is. There are tons of amateurs that are much better than the man. At anything other than heavyweight, where the division is terrible beyond the top 5ish guys, he'd wouldn't get near the top 100.
                  Last edited by stefl14; 04-10-2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Him and Stiverne show how illegitimate the IBF and WBC titles are at HW..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      Him and Stiverne show how illegitimate the IBF and WBC titles are at HW..
                      The man and Stiverne shouldn't even be compared. As mediocre as Stiverne was, he and Martin are in different stratospheres.

Comment

Working...
                      X