Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible money grab. He would've been better staying down after the 1st KD because that at least hit him more flush. That lack of effort to beat the count was truly deplorable. His purse should be withheld pending an investigation. He would still get his money but it would at least send a message to fighters.
    On another note, I know that it has happened before but the booing, whistling and chanting during the US national anthem really rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

In order to reign I think you actually have to win as a champ but he's possibly, at least in the mix as the weakest fighter to hold a HW belt.

Comment

Again proof the belts mean nothing , who holds them means everything .

Comment

Taking Joshua as his first defense in England and being robbed by the ref can't make him the worst. Let's see who and where Joshua makes his defense against

Comment

Gon on boxrec, look at the top 20, and I would take all those guys to be Charles Martin lol.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              Maybe but Martin would have beat Glaskov anyway...Joshua's that good and would have ended any new champs night regardless who it was. The next posts will now be Martin was a bum when many of the same posters said he would win.....
              No there wasn't any indication that he was going to beat the clearly beatable Glazkov. He literally landed no power shots and landed a few range finder type jabs. Glazkov isn't very good either so who knows how that fight would have played out.

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                No there wasn't any indication that he was going to beat the clearly beatable Glazkov. He literally landed no power shots and landed a few range finder type jabs. Glazkov isn't very good either so who knows how that fight would have played out.
                Martin was in control of the fight and visibly his size clearly was bothering Glazskov who is also a southpaw.

Comment

American heavyweights are an absolute joke. Martin knew he was crap so went for his biggest payday ever rather than the bumsquad route of fighting bums outside of the top 20. I cant wait for bumsquad v povetkin now. Another night of LMAO at the american heavyweight scene. Thanks for all the laughs charles.

Comment

Won his title without landing a punch. Then gets KO'd in the second round in his second defense. There is a very good case it is the worst reign in history.

Comment

Got to love the math here...If Martin wins then Joshua was an overatted bum...but if Joshua wins ,which he did ..Martin is the worst ever...despite having to deal with a 6'6 giant no one of that size has actually seen step foot in the ring before with his athletic abilities?
                      Last edited by juggernaut666; 04-09-2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X