Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying he's the worst, but he's definitely in the top 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy05 View Post
      **** off. Before the fight everyone was going on about how hes a slick southpaw. Many pros have tabbed him as legit. But because Joshua whooped him hes automatically a bum?
      I was telling literally everybody I knew that this guy is a joke, so you are wrong. It only takes a quick look at some tapes to confirm this guy is ridiculously bad.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        The man and Stiverne shouldn't even be compared. As mediocre as Stiverne was, he and Martin are in different stratospheres.
        One won a paper title in an unwarranted rematch against a guy who barely cracks the top 20

The other won a paper title in a fluke victory against a top 20 opponent

Ones obviously worse than the other, but i'm not seeing the stratosphere you're speaking of

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          One won a paper title in an unwarranted rematch against a guy who barely cracks the top 20

The other won a paper title in a fluke victory against a top 20 opponent

Ones obviously worse than the other, but i'm not seeing the stratosphere you're speaking of
          In terms of how they won their titles, both are about as illegitimate as each other. In terms of their respective abilities, however, Stiverne is miles ahead. Given Stiverne's limitations, this really is saying a lot. In any case, we're comparing two mediocre guys so it doesn't really matter, one is just a lot worse than the other in my opinion skills wise.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
            In terms of how they won their titles, both are about as illegitimate as each other. In terms of their respective abilities, however, Stiverne is miles ahead. Given Stiverne's limitations, this really is saying a lot. In any case, we're comparing two mediocre guys so it doesn't really matter, one is just a lot worse than the other in my opinion skills wise.
            Theres not enough evidence to strongly argue either way

We've seen almost nothing of Martin, and only the fights against Arreola (who Fred Kassi beat in nearly everyones eyes) for Stiverne.

The fact either of these two held world HW titles is a joke. It's just as much a joke that Wilder and Joshua act as if theyre on the same level as Fury and Wlad for beating Martin and Stiverne. How boxing fans fall for it is way beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Theres not enough evidence to strongly argue either way

We've seen almost nothing of Martin, and only the fights against Arreola (who Fred Kassi beat in nearly everyones eyes) for Stiverne.

The fact either of these two held world HW titles is a joke. It's just as much a joke that Wilder and Joshua act as if theyre on the same level as Fury and Wlad for beating Martin and Stiverne. How boxing fans fall for it is way beyond me.
              I completely agree. It's annoying for people like us that live in the UK when we hear the great Joshua love in. The amount of people I know who keep saying Joshua runs through Fury when 90% of them would look at you perplexed if you mentioned the name Roberto Duran. I agree we haven't got evidence of either of these guys fighting at the top level. I'm basing what I say on the eye test - I've looked at tapes of both in their earlier careers and Martin is truly shocking.

Comment

He walks this world as a God though.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                  Why should it have been called a no contest? The rules are very clear about injuries that aren't caused by a foul. There was absolutely no basis for ruling that fight a no contest.

Unbelievable how many posters here know so little about boxing despite spending so much time posting about it . . .
                  Do you WORK FOR THE IBF?

You must have some stake in things to care about such non-issues.

To win a title on an injury is lame and ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed.

I'll never agree with you on this. So whatever the IBF is paying you, you either give me some of that pay and I may do it or else drop this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    I'm not saying he's the worst, but he's definitely in the top 1.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      I repeatedly said that... It wasn't even unclear... It was a No Contest under all possible rules.
                      You're 100% wrong.

Glazkov quit the fight. His injury was not caused by a foul. That is a TKO under every reputable jurisdiction. You have no idea what you're talking about.

You claim it was a no content "under all possible rules," so PLEASE show us the rules.

I'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X