Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Charles Martin's Reign the Worst Ever?

His reign lasted less than three months which may be the shortest heavyweight reign in history.

Also, the way he "Won" the title on an injury was ridiculous. That should have been called a no-contest, but what can you do?

On top of all of that, the IBF stripping Fury in the first place was un-called for.

Overall, this has to be the most ridiculous reign in the history of the heavyweight division and possibly the sport.

Well I said I said he was the worst fighter ever to have the title and I stand by it

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
      Well I said I said he was the worst fighter ever to have the title and I stand by it
      I stand by it as well...

We can blame the IBF for that.

Comment

yea probably.

Comment

Well, honestly, if Joshua turns out to be a world-beating badass, not so much. We have to wait and see.

Comment

yes, probably

Comment

Winning a title via leg injury then losing in 2 rounds to a guy who hasn't fought above domestic level...I'd say it has to be the worst.

Comment

Hard to imagine there's been anyone worse.

Comment

Yeah you couldn't really engineer a worse reign.

Title stripped from linear champion immediately after he won it from an ATG fighter who hasn't had a loss in over 10 years.

They try to feed some random guy to Glazkov (who isn't that great either) for the vacant belt.

Random guy ends up winning via freak leg injury that happened during a missed punch.

Gets KO'd in 2 rounds in his first defense.

How could it be any worse?

With that said, this guy basically won the lottery. He made a lot of cash just being in the right place at the right time. I'm sure he's still on top of the world and thinks its all a dream.

Comment

Yep he didn't even lose the belt in a barn burner and he won the belt by accident.

I seem to recall Homer Simpson winning the heavyweight belt in a similar fashion in the Simpsons.

I just hope Martin didn't start spending all the millions he would be making because he is back down to the level he was always at which is an ESPN level fighter.
                    Last edited by low blows; 04-09-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X