Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    The WBA is waiting on the Golovkin/Alvarez situation to be determined first. So after May 31st at the latest. (Thank you Hougigo).

Yea I saw that. I think they were also taking into account the IBF mandatory. If the IBF allows a voluntary GGG still needs a fight and I'm sure most people would like to see Jacobs over anyone else but Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Yea I saw that. I think they were also taking into account the IBF mandatory. If the IBF allows a voluntary GGG still needs a fight and I'm sure most people would like to see Jacobs over anyone else but Canelo.
      I think more people would rather see Lara than Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        I think you must have fallen and bumped your head.......

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          I think you must have fallen and bumped your head.......
          Most casual boxing fans like yourself don't like the way Lara fights and that's cool. But since GGG nor Lara have much of a casual fanbase to consider, y'all are pretty much irrelevant on this one. For most hardcore fans like myself, iys pretty simple. GGG is supposed to be an elite fighter. Lara currently is the best available opponent. Match em up. Even several GGG diehards, that are actual hardcore fight fans have echoed that sentiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I object to GGG/Lara mainly because I want to see Lara/Andrade. Yes, the style match-up could turn out to be absolutely boring, which is probably why the match-up is rarely discussed on here or in the media. It also doesn't help that Andrade is just getting back into the mix after a long layoff.

....Lara is one of the more difficult fighters in or around his division, so he has to work that much harder to make himself attractive.
            You want to see a fight between Lara and Andrade that you know will be crap? And you think K2 will see that dreadful fight, and say, "That's the guy we want GGG with! What a way to setup a fight!"

Lara still wouldn't be sought after because he's been fighting low-tier opposition at LMW instead of fighting the best LMWs or moving up to MW
            All of Golovkin's opponents fought low tier crap before facing him. K2/GGG still sought after Martin Murray even though he fought absolute crap for two straight years, not to mention looked like absolute crap for two straight years. Sure he had a close fight with Martinez, but that shouldn't matter according to you because it was such a long time ago!

You act like people have the memory of a goldfish and are incapable of remembering accomplishments and performances past a few months.

Lara is currently the #1 JMW. Check any rankings. Not in the past. Right fucking now. The hell if a fight between the two #1 fighters from divisions next to each other isn't intriguing. Beating some random fringe MWs (like most of GGG's opposition have been doing) is not going to make any difference whatsoever in the marketability of the fight.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-21-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

GGG's team had no interest in fighting Ward or Lara. And everybody that doesn't have their lips planted on GGG's ballz knows it. It an old, tired debate and a dead issue.
              Actually, everybody who knows anything knows that Ward killed their negotiations by asking for a commitment to a fight in a year+ time.
              I'm tired of linking articles that prove this while trolls continue to parrot this bull**** without a shred of proof.

And Lara? He's not a big name. Lara's a 154 with a big mouth who's in the Haymon protective services. He has no victories of note, people think that he's slick and thus will beat Golovkin. If Golovkin destroys Lara, you trolls will immediately start 'stop picking on lower divisions' bull****.

As for the middleweight division, its poor. When Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders are top fighters, the division is sorry. And yes, super middleweight isn't great either. But, moving up in weight to try and conquer a new division is always appealing. He's already conquered 160. There's nothing left to prove there. Maybe GGG's game doesn't translate against bigger guys. There's interest there. A lot more interest than chasing guys we know are overmatched and don't wanna fight him.
              Got an agenda much? Canelo's a MW, surprise, and SMW blows. It's god damn terrible. You have Abraham who got killed in Super 6 barely fighting off Martin Murray. You have Jack who got caught by Edwards then got a couple questionable decisions, one of which was against Groves.. the same Groves who already beat the 'best SMW' in DeGale. DeGale, who recently barely beat a 35 year old Lucian Bute, the same guy that Golovkin knocked out in the amateurs (???). After that you have the Dirrells.. which have been disappointing to say the least.

And again, not even worth mentioning that majority of the SMW elite is managed by Haymon. Eff pandas ran a great thread on it HERE. Until we see proof of Haymon fighters on HBO, this is not even worth talking about. You want him to move up to SMW to fight worse competition above his natural weight for no monetary reward? Who the hell does that?

As for the guys at light heavyweight. You're exaggerating with your claims of 25lb weight advantages. It would likely be about 15lbs against most of them. Either way, Floyd won titles in 5 divisions. Manny in 8. Roy Jones in 4, spanning middleweight to heavyweight. Hopkins made the middleweight to light heavyweight jump. And the list goes on and on. How can we make claims that GGG is a great fighter and not hold him to the standards of past greats? If he's as good as folks like you think he is, why not dare to be great? Instead of feasting on a sorry division where there's no challenges. And really no one that wants to challenge him.
              Lower divisions have much smaller weight gaps. Comparing LHW to WW is ******ed, plain and simple.
              Floyd moved 15-20 pounds between age of 19 and 38, and everyone still thinks of him as a WW. You want Golovkin to jump up 15 lbs overnight while it took Floyd 15 years to do that?

Manny's a freak, and he started at a very low weight. No fighter who started above WW will ever match him.

Hopkins fought at MW until he was 40. More than that, Hopkins had a history of fighting at heavier weights in his youth and easily had the size for a LHW, at over 6 feet tall. Golovkin's 5'10".
              RJJ was a natural SMW, he never fought a 12 rounder at the MW. His career should have (and basically did) span between 168 and 175. How old was RJJ when he started fighting at 200 lbs? 45? Did he ever fight any of the elites at those weights?

I'm getting tired of arguing with you trolls, you'll say and do anything to discredit Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Not really sure Quillin is realistic. In fact I can think of three reasons immediately which would make it extremely unlikely.
                Seeing that he's coming off a loss, he was a former titleholder and he has a pretty good record. Al could give HBO one fight with Quillin, and it could give Quillin more publicity. Cause believe it or not, GGG is more known than Quillin and Jacobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Actually, everybody who knows anything knows that Ward killed their negotiations by asking for a commitment to a fight in a year+ time.
                  I'm tired of linking articles that prove this while trolls continue to parrot this bull**** without a shred of proof.

And Lara? He's not a big name. Lara's a 154 with a big mouth who's in the Haymon protective services. He has no victories of note, people think that he's slick and thus will beat Golovkin. If Golovkin destroys Lara, you trolls will immediately start 'stop picking on lower divisions' bull****.

Got an agenda much? Canelo's a MW, surprise, and SMW blows. It's god damn terrible. You have Abraham who got killed in Super 6 barely fighting off Martin Murray. You have Jack who got caught by Edwards then got a couple questionable decisions, one of which was against Groves.. the same Groves who already beat the 'best SMW' in DeGale. DeGale, who recently barely beat a 35 year old Lucian Bute, the same guy that Golovkin knocked out in the amateurs (???). After that you have the Dirrells.. which have been disappointing to say the least.

And again, not even worth mentioning that majority of the SMW elite is managed by Haymon. Eff pandas ran a great thread on it HERE. Until we see proof of Haymon fighters on HBO, this is not even worth talking about. You want him to move up to SMW to fight worse competition above his natural weight for no monetary reward? Who the hell does that?

Lower divisions have much smaller weight gaps. Comparing LHW to WW is ******ed, plain and simple.
                  Floyd moved 15-20 pounds between age of 19 and 38, and everyone still thinks of him as a WW. You want Golovkin to jump up 15 lbs overnight while it took Floyd 15 years to do that?

Manny's a freak, and he started at a very low weight. No fighter who started above WW will ever match him.

Hopkins fought at MW until he was 40. More than that, Hopkins had a history of fighting at heavier weights in his youth and easily had the size for a LHW, at over 6 feet tall. Golovkin's 5'10".
                  RJJ was a natural SMW, he never fought a 12 rounder at the MW. His career should have (and basically did) span between 168 and 175. How old was RJJ when he started fighting at 200 lbs? 45? Did he ever fight any of the elites at those weights?

I'm getting tired of arguing with you trolls, you'll say and do anything to discredit Golovkin.
                  So if Roy never foight a 12 rounder at middleweight. How do you explain him being middleweight champion??? #youdontknow****aboutboxing #d1ckrider

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                    Seeing that he's coming off a loss, he was a former titleholder and he has a pretty good record. Al could give HBO one fight with Quillin, and it could give Quillin more publicity. Cause believe it or not, GGG is more known than Quillin and Jacobs.
                    The fact that he's coming off a loss is one very good reason he's unlikely to fight Golovkin - expect a fairly easy comeback / tune-up next, unless ofc the Jacobs rematch comes next (which is reason 2) - the Jacobs rematch is already looking likely, promises a good payday for PQ and DJ and is an in-house fight for Haymon. A bad loss to GGG would kill most of the interest in another Brooklyn showdown. Which brings us on to reason 3 - without apportioning blame to one side or another Haymon fighters haven't been fighting on HBO and I don't see why that's likely to change for GGG - Quillin.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind the fight. Quillin didn't suddenly become trash just because of the Jacobs loss, whatever some would have us believe. Kid C is still a legimate MW and a good one.

Comment

You seriously have an infatuation with Lara..a lot of people here said Jacobs has a better Resume now at MW after beating Quillen yet you still want him to fight a skinny 154 lb fighter with no fans to speak of...

Jacobs-GGG at MSG...make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X