Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the IBF allows GGG to take a voluntary the WBA should call for Jacobs/ GGG. If they're serious about eliminating belts

Comment

• I was really looking forward to this fight

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Really? Two big names? Please, name them. As far as I know, every big name or a champion he called out either said they don't want to fight him (Froch/Floyd/Cotto/BJS/Martinez/Sturm) or the negotiations have failed (Ward/Canelo)

Sure, let's assume you're right in that MW is a weak division, which it isn't. Let's say you're right.

So he should go fight in other divisions? Ok, let's do that. Who do you have? Are we talking about unproven fighters at 154 where everyone will be screaming "OMG HE'S PICKING ON PEOPLE BELOW HIS DIVISION!! FRAUD!!".

Or are we talking about SMW, which actually IS a piss poor division which also happens to be dominated by Haymon fighters?

Or should he jump 2 weight divisions to go after fighters who'll outweigh him by 25 pounds on fight night AND not bring any money? Stevenson's another unpopular, Haymon managed fighter. Or Kovalev, who himself has said that GGG bout is unrealistic, AND is forced to goto Canada to fight Pascal because that's the most profitable fight to be made in the LHW? Or are we back to Ward, who again brings no money to the table and is a big-ass diva in the negotiations?

Staying in the MW and trying to unify is the only legitimate option open to Golovkin. His team has realized it years ago. Not sure why half the NSB is having the same difficulty.
        GGG's team had no interest in fighting Ward or Lara. And everybody that doesn't have their lips planted on GGG's ballz knows it. It an old, tired debate and a dead issue.

As for the middleweight division, its poor. When Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders are top fighters, the division is sorry. And yes, super middleweight isn't great either. But, moving up in weight to try and conquer a new division is always appealing. He's already conquered 160. There's nothing left to prove there. Maybe GGG's game doesn't translate against bigger guys. There's interest there. A lot more interest than chasing guys we know are overmatched and don't wanna fight him.

As for the guys at light heavyweight. You're exaggerating with your claims of 25lb weight advantages. It would likely be about 15lbs against most of them. Either way, Floyd won titles in 5 divisions. Manny in 8. Roy Jones in 4, spanning middleweight to heavyweight. Hopkins made the middleweight to light heavyweight jump. And the list goes on and on. How can we make claims that GGG is a great fighter and not hold him to the standards of past greats? If he's as good as folks like you think he is, why not dare to be great? Instead of feasting on a sorry division where there's no challenges. And really no one that wants to challenge him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          GGG's team had no interest in fighting Ward or Lara. And everybody that doesn't have their lips planted on GGG's ballz knows it. It an old, tired debate and a dead issue.

As for the middleweight division, its poor. When Danny Jacobs and Billy Joe Saunders are top fighters, the division is sorry. And yes, super middleweight isn't great either. But, moving up in weight to try and conquer a new division is always appealing. He's already conquered 160. There's nothing left to prove there. Maybe GGG's game doesn't translate against bigger guys. There's interest there. A lot more interest than chasing guys we know are overmatched and don't wanna fight him.

As for the guys at light heavyweight. You're exaggerating with your claims of 25lb weight advantages. It would likely be about 15lbs against most of them. Either way, Floyd won titles in 5 divisions. Manny in 8. Roy Jones in 4, spanning middleweight to heavyweight. Hopkins made the middleweight to light heavyweight jump. And the list goes on and on. How can we make claims that GGG is a great fighter and not hold him to the standards of past greats? If he's as good as folks like you think he is, why not dare to be great? Instead of feasting on a sorry division where there's no challenges. And really no one that wants to challenge him.

why sugarcoat it to make it seem about "challenges". Just admit it, you just want him to lose and you know damn well that isnt happening against anyone at 160. And the only reason you want him to lose is so you can scream "SEEEE, I TOLD YOU HE WAS OVERRATED!!!!!!"

Comment

• Stop hiding Canelo, feed him to us in May. We want to destroy that fraud and throw his body on top of his mother.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              why sugarcoat it to make it seem about "challenges". Just admit it, you just want him to lose and you know damn well that isnt happening against anyone at 160. And the only reason you want him to lose is so you can scream "SEEEE, I TOLD YOU HE WAS OVERRATED!!!!!!"
              Bruh, I don't give a f.uck if he wins or loses. 95% of fights I watch I watch with no rooting interest. I just wanna see the best fight the best. Canelo is a good fight. Lara is a good fight. And I'd pick GGG to beat both. So clearly, I respect his talent. But after those two, the pickings are slim at 60. And since I'm not a diehard of his. Seeing him beat up on inferior competition does nothing for me. So yeah, I wanna see him move up to challenge himself. He's a great fighter right? Isn't that what great fighters do???

Comment

• Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                Lara's waiting......
                hey....I thought the Egyptians looked more like Christian Bale....take that fake picture off

JK....love that pic bro

Comment

• It sounds bad but i think the best realistic match up for GGG next is Peter Quillin. He is still good and Jacobs would be a tough fight to get. Quillin is coming off a loss but would give ggg more adversity. I would take GGG by KO regardless

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    If the IBF allows GGG to take a voluntary the WBA should call for Jacobs/ GGG. If they're serious about eliminating belts
                    The WBA is waiting on the Golovkin/Alvarez situation to be determined first. So after May 31st at the latest. (Thank you Hougigo).

Comment

• Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                      It sounds bad but i think the best realistic match up for GGG next is Peter Quillin. He is still good and Jacobs would be a tough fight to get. Quillin is coming off a loss but would give ggg more adversity. I would take GGG by KO regardless
                      Not really sure Quillin is realistic. In fact I can think of three reasons immediately which would make it extremely unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                      X