Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Lara is a middleweight.....
    http://www.boxingnewsresults.com/201...ing-up-to-160/

But, how does that make the slightest difference ?

Golovkin has fought JMW's before, and how would fighting Lara now affect Canelo down the line?

There is nothing in the world to prevent that fight from happening.
    You misunderstand, I'm agreeing that a Lara fight is good - in part because SMW doesn't make sense right now.. In general my preference would be for Golovkin to go up in weight to 168, but I can understand wanting to stay at 160 while the Canelo fight remains a possibility - jumping to 168 then back down to a likely CW of 157ish would be unwise. This is why Lara @160 makes sense if it can be made.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-23-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• So it's pretty known now that GGG is looking for an opponent for April...have we heard from Lara or Jacobs at all? Any Twitter updates? Or are they hiding out until he picks an opponent then they'll say they will fight him?

I'd love to see Lara-GGG. Not because I think it would even be a good competitive fight, mostly just to shut the idiots up on here who claim Lara would give him any trouble with his one-two, run away style...he gets demolished....

Jacobs would be a better opponent, at least he possesses power that could change the fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        So it's pretty known now that GGG is looking for an opponent for April...have we heard from Lara or Jacobs at all? Any Twitter updates? Or are they hiding out until he picks an opponent then they'll say they will fight him?

I'd love to see Lara-GGG. Not because I think it would even be a good competitive fight, mostly just to shut the idiots up on here who claim Lara would give him any trouble with his one-two, run away style...he gets demolished....

Jacobs would be a better opponent, at least he possesses power that could change the fight...
        thats usually what happens. They are mimes until either GGG signs for a fight, or they themselves have a fight coming up........

Comment

• Get Lara. Destroy him. Make Floyd fanboys throw Lara under the bus after he gets run over by a train. Is Lara that serious about GGG? Let's find out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Get Lara. Destroy him. Make Floyd fanboys throw Lara under the bus after he gets run over by a train. Is Lara that serious about GGG? Let's find out...
            Come on, GGG. Both your fan base and your haters are calling for Lara.

Do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              You misunderstand, I'm agreeing that a Lara fight is good - in part because SMW doesn't make sense right now.. In general my preference would be for Golovkin to go up in weight to 168, but I can understand wanting to stay at 160 while the Canelo fight remains a possibility - jumping to 168 then back down to a likely CW of 157ish would be unwise. This is why Lara @160 makes sense if it can be made.

Aah ok, good call.

Yea I don't necessarily think that Golovkin should move up to 168 now.

Not now that Ward has moved on, and the Canelo fight is still a possibility.

I hear that a lot from fans re: various fighters, " just move up doe ".

" the greats move up ", is simply flawed logic, and incorrect.

Many do, sure..... but boxing doesn't work like that as a whole.

Everyone has their ideal weight, including the greats, and many great fighters fought in 1 division their entire career.

If Golovkin was all about legacy.... at his age, with his resume, fighting in a poor middleweight era..... then he would move up, no question..... but he should not be mandated to move up, and Hopkins record is likely part of the reasoning behind him staying at 160.

But yea, there is no reason whatsoever why Golovkin cannot fight Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Come on, GGG. Both your fan base and your haters are calling for Lara.

Do it.

co-sign ^^

And.... it's not like K2/HBO/Golovkin haven't heard the criticism.

97k PPV sales..... is the public voting with their feet.

Golovkin should be DEMANDING Lara for the exact same reason why Canelo demanded Lara, against the wishes of his promoter..... for this reason..... because some folks are saying that Lara can beat him, and a lot of folks are saying that Golovkin won't test himself by taking the risk.

He should be angry, but he's not.

I am saying that Golovkin is a TYPICAL manufactured fighter..... boxing is ALL about matchmaking..... and he will not test himself against a difficult style, simply because..... he doesn't have to..... which is the exact same reason that Golovkin fans give to excuse why he will not fight Canelo at 155.

Despite the fact that he said he could..... he doesn't have to.

That is just not good enough from a supposed P4P fighter.

Comment

• Anyone see Eddy Murphy sitting front row

Comment

• Remember when Haymon fed a House Arrest Wade to HBO for a $550K purse? LMAo. That’s unheard of. Imagine being on house arrest and making such a purse while training with one glove during “camp!”

And That’s all she wrote!

Comment

Working...
                    X