Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    Who cares whether he will or wont. U golovkin fans perplex me. No1 wants to see that ****.
    Yep. GGG's fans spend week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second dismissing and shooting down any and every big named opponent that has expressed interest in fighting the guy. And scraping the bottom of the barrell with their fingernails trying to give credibility to absolute nobodies.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... trolling isn't enough?

... better give all the belts to papa Haymon and he will know what to do with them.
      We know K2 will offer Monroe Jr type money & we know Haymon won't take it for a mandatory title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Yep. GGG's fans spend week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute, second after second dismissing and shooting down any and every big named opponent that has expressed interest in fighting the guy. And scraping the bottom of the barrell with their fingernails trying to give credibility to absolute nobodies.
        Oh yeah, asking to fight every MW champion for the past 5 years, as well as every single big name in the sport is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Get your bull**** outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Purse bid?
          Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          That's disgusting. And I'm one of the few people that was OK with Johnson.
          Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Ok and I don't necessarily disagree with any of that but there us something inherently wrong with the idea that K2 should wait for a guy like Heiland instead of thinking outside the box at this point, because let's he honest, sans Canelo, who can pretty much do whatever he wants, Golovkin has NO options if things stand. It's time for K2 to make moves. Let's stop excusing them and HBO.
          I don't object to Johnson/Heiland because of their ranking/mandatory status (whether they deserve them is another story), but they would turn out to be cannon fodder, and Lee and N'Dam have already made themselves part of the new lineage in losses to BJS and Lemieux, respectively. If GGG is going to fight three times: Lee, Heiland, and Johnson are just not going to cut it for me.

I object to GGG/Lara mainly because I want to see Lara/Andrade. Yes, the style match-up could turn out to be absolutely boring, which is probably why the match-up is rarely discussed on here or in the media. It also doesn't help that Andrade is just getting back into the mix after a long layoff. However, I'm tired of the GGG/Lara discussion because Lara has gotten complacent. Let's say that Haymon/HBO had no beef: Lara still wouldn't be sought after because he's been fighting low-tier opposition at LMW instead of fighting the best LMWs or moving up to MW. Lara is one of the more difficult fighters in or around his division, so he has to work that much harder to make himself attractive. The fact that he fought Canelo isn't going to be enough to encourage HBO/K2 to step outside the box. Lara should be cleaning up LMW right now or fighting at MW, not the bull**** he's doing right now.

Now, if I were to ignore all the realities/politics and what I think is right/wrong, I'd want to see GGG vs. Canelo, Jacobs, Lara, BJS, Abraham/Ramirez, Chudinov/Sturm, Andrade, and DeGale.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 01-21-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            But at least NOT RATED isn't asking for a catchweight, bro.
            Yep Not Rated is a throwback fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              But at least NOT RATED isn't asking for a catchweight, bro.
              Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              Yep Not Rated is a throwback fighter
              Not rated has victories over Willie Monroe and David Lemieux. Don't sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Oh yeah, asking to fight every MW champion for the past 5 years, as well as every single big name in the sport is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Get your bull**** outta here.
                Well, there's two big names that he's expressed little to no interest in fighting. But that's a never ending debate that personally I'm tired of.

As for him "wanting to fight every middleweight champion." Here's the problem. GGG is supposedly an elite fighter fighting in a piss poor division with ZERO intriguing fights. Furthermore, these overmatched bums that litter the top of thw division clearly don't wanna fight the guy. GGG isn't a heavyweight. Which means he's not limited to a single division. So my question is why is he wasting his career chasing guys that don't wanna fight him? Even more, even if they do finally decide to fight him, who cares. The guy is a massive favorite over all of them anyway. I mean, the world isn't gonna exactly stop to see him fight the Billy Joe Saunders and Danny Jacobs of the world. And those are currently his best options.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  unlikely to get made, but I'd like to see them make a play for Jacobs......
                  This, great fight to be made that or maybe targeting Mr Chris Eubank Jr, he has a following good enough for it to be a PPV fight in Britain lets get it on

Plenty of opportunities you just gotta put that cash up.

Comment

• Golovkin vs Lara needs to happen ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      Well, there's two big names that he's expressed little to no interest in fighting. But that's a never ending debate that personally I'm tired of.
                      Really? Two big names? Please, name them. As far as I know, every big name or a champion he called out either said they don't want to fight him (Froch/Floyd/Cotto/BJS/Martinez/Sturm) or the negotiations have failed (Ward/Canelo)

As for him "wanting to fight every middleweight champion." Here's the problem. GGG is supposedly an elite fighter fighting in a piss poor division with ZERO intriguing fights. Furthermore, these overmatched bums that litter the top of thw division clearly don't wanna fight the guy. GGG isn't a heavyweight. Which means he's not limited to a single division. So my question is why is he wasting his career chasing guys that don't wanna fight him? Even more, even if they do finally decide to fight him, who cares. The guy is a massive favorite over all of them anyway. I mean, the world isn't gonna exactly stop to see him fight the Billy Joe Saunders and Danny Jacobs of the world. And those are currently his best options.
                      Sure, let's assume you're right in that MW is a weak division, which it isn't. Let's say you're right.

So he should go fight in other divisions? Ok, let's do that. Who do you have? Are we talking about unproven fighters at 154 where everyone will be screaming "OMG HE'S PICKING ON PEOPLE BELOW HIS DIVISION!! FRAUD!!".

Or are we talking about SMW, which actually IS a piss poor division which also happens to be dominated by Haymon fighters?

Or should he jump 2 weight divisions to go after fighters who'll outweigh him by 25 pounds on fight night AND not bring any money? Stevenson's another unpopular, Haymon managed fighter. Or Kovalev, who himself has said that GGG bout is unrealistic, AND is forced to goto Canada to fight Pascal because that's the most profitable fight to be made in the LHW? Or are we back to Ward, who again brings no money to the table and is a big-ass diva in the negotiations?

Staying in the MW and trying to unify is the only legitimate option open to Golovkin. His team has realized it years ago. Not sure why half the NSB is having the same difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                      X