Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    ...and people continue to go on about Lara/GGG. One of few non-Haymon fighters left is Heiland, will he step up to get beat down? HBO/K2 will exhaust every non-Haymon option first.
    Who cares whether he will or wont. U golovkin fans perplex me. No1 wants to see that ****.

Comment

Wade (IBF #3) is a Haymon fighter, so we can infer how likely that match-up is.
      Purse bid?

Comment

• Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
        Guess you skipped over your own post when he said he going have Golovikin just do mando because doesn't seem likely unification was going take place and that was before Saunders team came out and said they going go another way
        Ah I see, you lack reading comprehension. Tucker made that statement on January 8th, saying they were preparing to issue the mando. IBF then gave Golovkin a January 19th deadline to make a deal with Saunders or they would push the Johnson mando. When Tucker made that initial statement, team Saunders had gone over a week without any official response to K2's offer. The IBF allowed the negotiations to drag on despite having a mandatory contender ready.

Jan 11, 2016
        While the IBF would sanction Golovkin (34-0, 31 KOs) to participate in a unification bout with Saunders (23-0, 12 KOs), the organization said the deal must be done by Jan. 19 or Golovkin’s mandatory defense against Tureano Johnson (19-1, 13 KOs) will be ordered.
        http://e spn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/14986/notes-time-is-of-the-essence-for-golovkin-saunders-deal

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          oh stop it, that was a completely different situation. Fury sold Klit a rematch clause, against IBF rules.

Deal with it. Fury has.
          I don't have to deal with anything -- I'm not a fan of some specific fighter.
          I only like to watch the best fighting the best. Which should be a trivial issue, but it isn't anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
            Who cares whether he will or wont. U golovkin fans perplex me. No1 wants to see that ****.
            I'm not interested in GGG vs. Heiland/Johnson, only way I'd be interested is if HBO did some circus **** and had him fight both on the same night. However, HBO and PBC behave like they are islands unto themselves. K2 will try to get Lee/N'Dam/Heiland or any non-Haymon opponent before they start discussing match-ups with Jacobs/Lara.

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Purse bid?
            If it does come to that, will Haymon make a conscious effort to out-bid K2? We know GGG can't fight off HBO, but Wade doesn't have much of a chance against GGG. Best thing would be to find some way of getting GGG stripped and have Wade fight Johnson/N'Dam.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 01-21-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Purse bid?
              ... trolling isn't enough?

... better give all the belts to papa Haymon and he will know what to do with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                FFS, it's pretty clear what Golovkin fans want to see. It isn't GGG vs Heiland, but that might be what we end up with.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  haha well played sir.......
                  Cheers. But it was an easy catch, tbh.

Comment

I'm not interested in GGG vs. Heiland/Johnson, only way I'd be interested is if HBO did some circus **** and had him fight both on the same night. However, HBO and PBC behave like they are islands unto themselves. K2 will try to get Lee/N'Dam/Heiland or any non-Haymon opponent before they start discussing match-ups with Jacobs/Lara.
                    That's disgusting. And I'm one of the few people that was OK with Johnson.

Comment

Ok and I don't necessarily disagree with any of that but there us something inherently wrong with the idea that K2 should wait for a guy like Heiland instead of thinking outside the box at this point, because let's he honest, sans Canelo, who can pretty much do whatever he wants, Golovkin has NO options if things stand. It's time for K2 to make moves. Let's stop excusing them and HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X