No announcement yet.

New Names Up For HOF Vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I think that fighters who have the hardest time getting in are certain ethnic groups

Asia has dozens of great fighters and champions but only a couple hall of famers

It didn't help Hamed out that they didn't like his personality and how he walked away at just 28 years old

If you're not hungry anymore more its best to retire

Did you see who got inducted the Hall this past june? NASEEM HAMED
    Last edited by boxinghead530; 10-07-2015, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Did you see who got inducted the Hall this past june? NASEEM HAMED
      hamed got in?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        what do voters have vs. hamed?

some guys just get in for popularity and name.

hamed has that and better resume than those guys.

do you have to get strangled with a purse by an ex stripper you married or what?
        He was already in. One of the Class 2015

Comment

hamed got in?
          Yes along with Bowe and Mancini

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
            He was already in. One of the Class 2015
            wow.

how did i miss that? or did i just forget.

so what cliff is talking about is for next year.

Comment

wow.

how did i miss that? or did i just forget.

so what cliff is talking about is for next year.
              That list minus Hamed, Bowe and Mancini.

And additionally the 3 listed.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
                Yes along with Bowe and Mancini
                how the hell bowe get in?

Comment

how the hell bowe get in?
                  The same reason Mancini got in....popularity n exciting fights

Ingemar Johansson got in too...darn near everyone who won the lineal heavy title is or will be in the hall

I wouldn't have voted either in....they didn't beat enough good fighters

I'd rather seen get in....he had exciting fights....fought the best won some n lost some

Only fighter he lost to that's not going in the hall is mayorga

With wins over quartey, winky wright, Javier castillejo, Raul maquez n yori boy Campos and exciting fights with Tito, dlh, SSM....he deserves it more than bowe and Mancini

I have a laundry list of guys who go in ahead of bowe and Mancini

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    The same reason Mancini got in....popularity n exciting fights

Ingemar Johansson got in too...darn near everyone who won the lineal heavy title is or will be in the hall

I wouldn't have voted either in....they didn't beat enough good fighters

I'd rather seen get in....he had exciting fights....fought the best won some n lost some

Only fighter he lost to that's not going in the hall is mayorga

With wins over quartey, winky wright, Javier castillejo, Raul maquez n yori boy Campos and exciting fights with Tito, dlh, SSM....he deserves it more than bowe and Mancini

I have a laundry list of guys who go in ahead of bowe and Mancini
                    Are you talking about Fernando Vargas? IMO I think he's one of those guys that will eventually get in down the line. Add to his accomplishments that he was the youngest fighter ever to win the title at 154. So I think somewhere down the line he will get in, but his known use of steroids might hurt his cause a little though.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                      Are you talking about Fernando Vargas? IMO I think he's one of those guys that will eventually get in down the line. Add to his accomplishments that he was the youngest fighter ever to win the title at 154. So I think somewhere down the line he will get in, but his known use of steroids might hurt his cause a little though.
                      Yep you got it right

It may prevent him but what about Mosley then?

Comment

Working...
                      X