New Names Up For HOF Vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I suppose you have a point.

Any specific fighters that you know of that are in the WBHOF and not in IBHOF or vice versa?
    Esteban DeJesus.

Unanimously considered one of the HOF'ers Roberto Duran beat at Lighweight right? Well he's not in the IBHOF. Only the WBHOF.

Would you say DeJesus isn't a HOF'er anymore?

Ken Overlin is in the WBHOF, Denny Moyer, erm, Gernaro Herandez, there's a handful but for the most part it's the same names.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
      "Only lost to" gets trumped by "who did he beat" in my book. He doesn't have the resume IMO. And I was a big fan.
      He beat Hall of famer Azumah Nelson and former champions/title holders Carlos Hernandez, Raul Perez, Alexandrov, Jorge Paez, and Daniel Londas

had 11 total title defenses of the lineal 130 title and wbc/wba

His resume is better some of the guys who are in like Ray Mancini, who was fun to watch but did not win enough big fights to be in...sometimes I feel they should have two halls of fame, one for the exciting guys who deserve respect and the guys who accomplished a lot but were not international stars

Im not saying he should be in but that popularity and social importance excuse was BS to me win its guys like Hernandez, Chris Eubank, Nigel Benn and Michael Nunn aren't in but guys who deserved it less like McGuigan and Gatti are in
      Last edited by therealpugilist; 10-07-2015, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Is Adrien Broner on it yet? People on here are back on the bandwagon acting like he's the second coming of Mayweather...it's not gonna end well...again.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Here was last year's list; everyone carried over except Mancini, Hamed and Bowe so these guys plus Camacho, Yuri, and Sot.

http://www.bwaa.us/2014/10/10/2015-i...fame-nominees/
          what do voters have vs. hamed?

some guys just get in for popularity and name.

hamed has that and better resume than those guys.

do you have to get strangled with a purse by an ex stripper you married or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            what do voters have vs. hamed?

some guys just get in for popularity and name.

hamed has that and better resume than those guys.

do you have to get strangled with a purse by an ex stripper you married or what?
            I think that fighters who have the hardest time getting in are certain ethnic groups

Asia has dozens of great fighters and champions but only a couple hall of famers

It didn't help Hamed out that they didn't like his personality and how he walked away at just 28 years old

If you're not hungry anymore more its best to retire

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              I think that fighters who have the hardest time getting in are certain ethnic groups

Asia has dozens of great fighters and champions but only a couple hall of famers

It didn't help Hamed out that they didn't like his personality and how he walked away at just 28 years old

If you're not hungry anymore more its best to retire

there's a lot of ethnics in.

only thing that works against ethnics is name recognition.

hamed has that. his fights were not obscure. his opponents were not unknown.

Comment

there's a lot of ethnics in.

only thing that works against ethnics is name recognition.

hamed has that. his fights were not obscure. his opponents were not unknown.
                There are not a lot of Asian fighters in the hall that deserve to be is my point

there should be far more, but they don't pay attention to the little guys

Him being a braggart, Muslim, and middle eastern isn't helping his case

It smore a preference thing or popularity contest.....if this was not true we wouldn't have Barry Mcguigan, Gatti or Ray Mancini....I cant believe Mancini got in and Camacho waaaaaaas waaaaaaay better than him. Hope Camacho gets in ASAP he deserves it....its been 5 years since his last fight now

IMO he is first ballot material....8-1 over champions and was the last dominant featherweight champion

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  There are not a lot of Asian fighters in the hall that deserve to be is my point

there should be far more, but they don't pay attention to the little guys

Him being a braggart, Muslim, and middle eastern isn't helping his case

It smore a preference thing or popularity contest.....if this was not true we wouldn't have Barry Mcguigan, Gatti or Ray Mancini....I cant believe Mancini got in and Camacho waaaaaaas waaaaaaay better than him. Hope Camacho gets in ASAP he deserves it....its been 5 years since his last fight now

IMO he is first ballot material....8-1 over champions and was the last dominant featherweight champion
                  like i said those asian fighters were unknown, obscure to mainly american/euro centric voters.

that doesn't apply to hamed.

it might be the muslim/attitude thing.

the ibhof has him 10-1 vs. champs.

Comment

like i said those asian fighters were unknown, obscure to mainly american/euro centric voters.

that doesn't apply to hamed.

it might be the muslim/attitude thing.

the ibhof has him 10-1 vs. champs.
                    either way I agree....I always wondered why the prince wasn't in and he was the total package of what gets guys in the hall

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      comparing ward to pavlik and broner is a bit ridiculous
                      Ward's resume is nothing special so far. Froch makes Ward just like Taylor made Pavlik's.

Ward gets more credit for beating Abraham more than Froch who beat him at an earlier time. That's how much bull**** favoritism is on Ward's side on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X