PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda shocked it did 500k to be honest

Comment

Hardly surprising. Berto was a ****ty opponent with literally no chance of winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
        Not really a surprise but will come as a disappointment for Shosports who may potentially have a made a loss on THIS particular Mayweather PPV considering the expenses for the solid undercard fights and Mayweather's $32 million purse guarantee (Floyd claims he's making $71/72 million)
        The source has to be someone other than Bob Arum's errand boy, Dan Rafael for me to give it any credibility.

Comment

I dont believe the fight even did half of the 550k buys. Floyd left a bad impression on everyone(even his own fans) after the Pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            @danrafaelespn: Purses for #MayweatherBerto main event alone was $36M. If PPV does even 550k it nets around $20M. Lot to make up with gate & other revenue.

13K (didn't they give away around 2,000 tickets?) seats isn't bringing in $100,000,000. Looks like they are already in the hole $16,000,000 so whatever money they did make off the gate is taking a massive hit.
            ... ~17k tickets at the ridiculous price point for Mayweather-Pacquiao didn't bring in $100m at the gate, so what's your point? Mayweather-Guerrero did nearly $10m at the gate, with the Mayweather-Maidana fights both doing $14m at gate.

Beyond that, Tecate purchased the main sponsor rights for the event, TV Azteca purchased the Mexico rights to the fight, BoxNation purchased the UK TV rights, as did operators in at least 10-15 other markets (before also counting the folks that carried the fight on PPV), Floyd gets a take off of the full gate, the various closed circuits in Vegas, the various closed circuits around the country, etc.

Floyd is going to get a piece off of every single revenue for the entire event, down to the hot dogs and beer sold in the venue.

Comment

Too bad, cause the undercard was solid, but the main event was too predictable.

I'm glad too, double digit favorites should not be a PPV event.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                ... ~17k tickets at the ridiculous price point for Mayweather-Pacquiao didn't bring in $100m at the gate, so what's your point? Mayweather-Guerrero did nearly $10m at the gate, with the Mayweather-Maidana fights both doing $14m at gate.

Beyond that, Tecate purchased the main sponsor rights for the event, TV Azteca purchased the Mexico rights to the fight, BoxNation purchased the UK TV rights, as did operators in at least 10-15 other markets (before also counting the folks that carried the fight on PPV), Floyd gets a take off of the full gate, the various closed circuits in Vegas, the various closed circuits around the country, etc.

Floyd is going to get a piece off of every single revenue for the entire event, down to the hot dogs and beer sold in the venue.
                He thought 8 figures was 100 Million.

Bless his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  I must have overestimated Floyd's selling power, cause I thought this would do Maidana numbers (800k) just because it's Floyd. The numbers are poor for Mayweathers standards but I still think anything over 500K is really good.

I don't expect Espinoza to announce the numbers. He might just do what he did with regards to the Guerrero fight and keep quiet.
                  That Patrick Stewart meme from Star Trek:

How was Mayweather going to match Maidana numbers(A top 10 WW) by fighting a non top 10 contender? There's no logic to that.

Comment

500k buys for the winner of the 4.4 million PPV fight?

That's what happens when you fail to generate any significant action against a one handed midget.

The drop in ppv sales also dropped because Floyd couldn't use Pacquiao's name to sell this ppv. For years Floyd has been saying Manny uses his name, but we all knew Floyd was just using reverse psychology and he was the one in fact using Pacquiao's name.

He also used the same reverse psychology with PEDs. Floyd was the real drug cheat, but tricked everyone into thinking it was the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Over 500 isn't a bad number.

My guess is we will never get the real number though
                      It's not bad for a regular fight, it's absolutely terrible when one guy is getting $32 million. That's called a big loss. They probably don't care from the Pacquiao money though.

Comment

Working...
                      X