No announcement yet.

PPV Industry Source: Being Generous "Mayweather-Berto May Hit 550,000 Buys"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
    Does it prove anything? The fight ******. Mayweather cheated and ripped off the fans again!
    He was going for the knockout doe

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      He was going for the knockout doe
      Did you see how he was talking to Berto in the ring? Simply amazing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lomachenko View Post
        Did you see how he was talking to Berto in the ring? Simply amazing!!!!
        I had a good stream...the talking was ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          It doesn't matter if you're the solidified GOAT if you don't have a dance partner you can't expect great numbers.
          My point exactly. These numbers go to show that It has just as much to do with Floyds oppenents as It does Floyd himself. Something the majority of Floyd fans on this board don't seem to get.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
            I had a good stream...the talking was ridiculous.
            It was the most exciting part of the fight. Besides how he ran around the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
              My point exactly. These numbers go to show that It has just as much to do with Floyds oppenents as It does Floyd himself. Something the majority of Floyd fans on this board don't seem to get.
              Oh well that's just common knowledge and common sense.

Every one needs a dance partner.

Take Oscar, one of the biggest stars of all time. Look at his first fight Shane Mosley (mostly unknown at the time) they did 600K whereas Oscar Trinidad a year prior did 1.5 Million.

Take Mike Tyson, one of the biggest stars of all time. Look at his fight with Francis Botha, 750 K whereas two years prior did 2 million with Holyfield.

Then look at his fight with Golota, South of 500K.

Manny Pacquaio, huge star. South of 500 k with Algeri and Rios.

Cotto and Canelo, not huge Stars but big names. Both did around 300k mark against Martinez and Angulo respectively.

Point is, it doesn't matter how big of a star you are you always need a dance partner.

The only exception to the rule is Tyson-McNeely and that is largely down to it being Tyson's first fight back from a Prison stretch.

And I guess the Seldon fight aswell. Kind of comparable to Mayweather-Ortiz perhaps.

Comment

I must have overestimated Floyd's selling power, cause I thought this would do Maidana numbers (800k) just because it's Floyd. The numbers are poor for Mayweathers standards but I still think anything over 500K is really good.

I don't expect Espinoza to announce the numbers. He might just do what he did with regards to the Guerrero fight and keep quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                  Not really a surprise but will come as a disappointment for Shosports who may potentially have a made a loss on THIS particular Mayweather PPV considering the expenses for the solid undercard fights and Mayweather's $32 million purse guarantee (Floyd claims he's making $71/72 million)
                  Dan Rafael is speculating on the PPV number, not even three days after the event; PPV was sold Saturday on the first run, with replays of the PPV still being sold through Sunday (wanted to watch the Mayweather-Alvarez with my family after catching the first run at a bar).

Rafael could've at least done the general bit about waiting till at least after the re-air hits Showtime before speculating on how terrible the PPV, which he's hung his hat on it doing terrible from when it was announced, did; note that Rafael's "PPV source" seemingly makes him Nostradamus, since his reported number and the number that he was predicting are just about the same.

Mayweather's $70m figure probably came from his take off of everything (PPV, international TV rights, live event revenues, event sponsors, various closed circuit revenue, merch, etc)

Comment

His fans probably missed child support payment to watch this fight. They were probably so happy watching the POS fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      What happened to that 8 figure gate that Ellerbe was talking about?
                      The sold 14k tickets, at a still relatively high price point, so I don't doubt that they made north of $10m at the gate; Mayweather-Guerrero did almost $10m and the two Maidana fights did over $14m each (without selling out either one)

Comment

Working...
                      X