Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just heard it did 350k

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      What will be interesting to see is if cotto Canelo will outsell May Berto.
      It certainly will, as it should.

Both Canelo and Cotto are big PPV names. Put them together they will do good numbers.

My guess is 1 Million.

Comment

More than I expected to be honest. I still haven't found someone outside of these boards that will admit to buying the fight.
        I have a former co worker that lives in Vegas and he said you wouldn't know it was a fight weekend without the huge poster on the the MGM grand. He said it felt like just another Saturday night on the strip. Fight got hardly any coverage before and after the fight.
        I think that half a million is being really generous.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          No actually my prediction was 500K.
          That Isn't a good number considering It was billed as the final fight of the best pound for pound fighter In the sport. I do believe we will see Floyd again In 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            @danrafaelespn: Purses for #MayweatherBerto main event alone was $36M. If PPV does even 550k it nets around $20M. Lot to make up with gate & other revenue.

13K (didn't they give away around 2,000 tickets?) seats isn't bringing in $100,000,000. Looks like they are already in the hole $16,000,000 so whatever money they did make off the gate is taking a massive hit.
            100 million is 9 figures not 8 figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              What will be interesting to see is if cotto Canelo will outsell May Berto.
              Oh comon, it's absolutely gonna do more than May/Berto.

They had 14,000 in the arena and you have nothing to support that they gave tickets away other than rumours.
              I heard they were giving away tickets if you signed up for Mlife rewards program or something like that. Didn't hear anything official.

No actually my prediction was 500K.
              I do recall you giving me 500k as an over/under line at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                That Isn't a good number considering It was billed as the final fight of the best pound for pound fighter In the sport. I do believe we will see Floyd again In 2016.
                It doesn't matter if you're the solidified GOAT if you don't have a dance partner you can't expect great numbers.

Comment

Yet there were morons on this site who said that Pacquiao only deserved 10-20%
                  That makes no sense. What does Floyd possibly doing 550k buys with a non top 10 fighter have to do with what Pacquiao deserves? You do know that Pacquiao vs Berto does like 150k right? Being generous.

Comment

Does it prove anything? The fight ******. Mayweather cheated and ripped off the fans again!

Comment

Lol only Floyd critics are saying that. People said all along that this fight will not do good numbers. You and the others are putting your on criteria on the PPV based on your views on his drawing power. I saw Floyd detractors saying 800k would be bad, like really? You think that highly of him that he's even gonna get to 800k with a non top 10 contender, non P4P fighter, non champion, non future Hallf of Famer?

Comment

Working...
                      X